Silence of the Night

Sara’s point of view 

“Come again?” I asked, flinching from what I'd heard, staring at Kate. Her hair was coarse with split ends however, the beauty of her hair colour could attract almost anyone's attention and make the blemishes in her hair mysteriously vanished. Her hair was caramel brown with hints of darker brown in them whilst my hair was black, well, dark brown, to be more precise. Her eyes, however mirrored mine. They were the exact same shade of blue and they had the exact same effect on people. 

“Sara, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier but…” 

“Oh, so now you think that you can lie to me for sixteen bloody years and I will forgive you?” I snapped.

“Why didn't you tell us?” Kate asked, the resentment and shock in her voice was evident.

“Your birth mother told us never to tell you,” Godmother said coldly, her gaze never meeting mine. Damn right she should feel ashamed, the least she could do was to tell me who my real parents were.

“I will never forgive her,” I muttered while digging my nails into my palm. Yes that's how I relieve stress. That wasn't exactly the best thing to do, but I could have done much worse.

Why did she choose to deceive me? I had met her so many times with Kate but she never had the guts to tell us the truth. How should I describe her...oh yes...she's a b*tch.

Godmother cleared her throat, “Kate, you should call your Mother now, tell her that you're safe…” 

“She…she doesn’t know I’m here…” Kate said timidly, fixating her gaze upon the floor. I knew that birth mother wass not a very patient person, nor was she exactly sane. From my recollection of memories, she was either drunk or high majority of the time.

“Kate, just call your mother!” 

Kate trembled, taking Godmother’s phone from her hand, trying to not think about the consequences of defiance. 

Kate’s point of view

I dialled in our house number and heard Mother’s voice at the end, it made me feel sick.

“Hello Mother,” I said cautiously.

“Where on earth are you b*tch?” Mother hollered.

“How could you lie to me?” I asked, trying not to choke on my tears. 

“She's there with you, isn't she? Let me speak to her,” Mother said, her voice had softened by a considerable amount. My hatred for someone had never been at such an exponentially high level before.

"You never told me that we were related!"

"I don't care about you. I only need Sara, you useless piece of trash." 

Solemnly, I passed the phone to Sara, biting my lip. 

She looked at me sympathetically before proceeding to talk to Mother, while pacing back and forth.

“I don’t care what you’re excuse is, you lied to me!”  Ending the call, she headed for the carpark. The paparazzi immediately attacked her.

"Sara, what happened?" Geesh, can't you just mind your own business?

"Who's this weirdo?" I could smack her fake wig off her head.

"Isn't that the poor kid?" I'm thinking about severely injuring you right now.

"Oh! I know! They're involved in a scandal!" I rolled my eyes. People these day, they just...

I wonder how Sara survived this everyday, it must be horrible not to have privacy. It must be even worse when your parents are Jeremy and Tanya Parker, knowing that there would always be false accusations, like the one 5 years ago