31 - together forever

- Alyssa -
- A Few Years Later -

I pushed the restaurant's door open and gradually passed all the tables. I took a stop just at the counter, patiently waiting until someone appears.

"Hi, welcome! Here to make a reservation?" I watched a girl appear from the kitchen. "Sort of. A big one more so. I wanna know if this week's friday i could reserve a table for 14 people." I replied, seeing her glance down to the computer screen.

"Wanna reserve the lounge area for the whole day?"

"From 6 pm till midnight preferably."

"Yes! On Friday we can."

"Awesome! Can i see the food list?" I questioned. "I'll go get it." She replied and left within that.

My dimmed down my joy and decided to pan my eyes around. The restaurant is one of the most popular in this town so almost every table was occupied yet as i had crossed my sight over one, i paused.

I know that face. My best friend from high school times. Isabell. But with a man. His back is towards me.

I glanced back forward, seeing as the girl isn't back yet so i moved away from the counter and walked over to their table.

"Isabell?" I spoke out, making sure it's actually her as it's been years since i've saw her. "Oh my god, Alyssa?!" Her body shot up from the seat, arms reaching out for a hug that i didn't hesitate to accept.

"You recognized me?" I questioned by her ear. "How could i've not?!" She forced her face in front of mine with a visible smile.

"How you've been?" I asked and parted from the hug but my eyes panned away from her and over to the man. I swear it was like my heart dropped from the shock that overcame me.

".. but it all turned out good. So yeah. How about you?" Isabell's last words caught my attention back. "Who's he?" I whispered out but knowing well who the man was.

"Adam." She replied but took a step away from the table which i did the same. "Remember Kendra? He's her ex fiancé. I was down bad for him even back in high school and now that we are together, i literally feel like my life is completely."

"You two," I gave a glance to him and back on Isabell, "dating?"

"Yeah? Huge age difference but i didn't give a fuck back then nor did he when we fucked."

"Miss?" A new voice appeared and i looked towards the counter, seeing as the girl is patiently waiting for me.

"I'll talk to you some other time." I immediately spoke out, leaving Isabell be.

- - -
"Babe! You won't believe what i just-" I stopped in my track after walking from the front door and in the kitchen.

"Oh?" My eyes examined the roses that were set on the counter top, Kendra's own focus coming off her phone and on me.

"What i was saying though. I just met an old friend at the restaurant. Do you remember-"

"Did you reserve it? Was the lounge area open on Friday?" Kendra completely interrupted me and walked up closer with a smile.

"Yeah, babe. We can all go there at 6 pm for our engagement party." I responded, gracefully laying my arms on her shoulders. "I also got good news to tell you." She kept going.

"Is that what the flowers are for?"

"Yeah. Wanted to make it more special." The woman said, bringing a wider smile to my face.

"The wedding date is set. It's gonna be on the 16th. Two months from now."

"Are you serious?" My emotions immediately softened from hearing her confession. "More serious than ever." She didn't hesitate to reply.

"I fucking love you!" I exclaimed and pulled her right in for a kiss but it didn't take long as a bark broke the moment short.

"Pluto, here to ruin it again." Kendra frustratingly said but i watched her kneel down, picking the dog up.

"Don't gotta blame our boy. He's the one that brings adrenaline in this house." I commented, delivering a rub on his head.

"I'm still jealous how close you two have gotten. Look! Even now he is fighting out of my arms to get to you." Kendra kept going and i happily grabbed Pluto, purposely showcasing my proudness from how calm he got.

"I hate you both." I observed her walk back behind the counter yet i sat the dog down and approached right away.

"How about i make you hate me even more?" My fingers slipped around her wrist and i didn't even wait for an answer before leading her to the bedroom.

- The End -