17 - online connection

- Alyssa -

I scanned my eyes through the unread messages on the app. Going over it for what felt like the 10th time. I was so determined that i might actually be talking to Kendra on here that i kept scrolling through the previous texts of every woman to perhaps find a hint that it is her.

It was Saturday so i wouldn't be going to school and actually facing her. Was i happy about it? Sort of. What i fucking did last night were definitely influenced actions from what i used but then again, from what is left in my memory, i could swear she was so close to giving in to me.

I left the app and pulled up Isabell's number, giving her a call.

"Yeahh? Why you calling so damn early?" Her voice came back at me completely muffled which made me release a laugh about it.

"Early? It's afternoon. What had you been doing last night?"

"Oh i don't even talk about it. You woke me up and now i see some random ass dude in my bed."

"Typical you. What can i say. But listen, i got a quick question. Ms Herris, i never actually found out how old she was." I discreetly phrased the question.

"Why the fuck would you want to know that?"

"Oh come on! Just tell me. It's more about.. if she confronts me about anything illegal i do then i'll push her touchy topics. Maybe age related." I came up with the explanation, not even sure how fucking realistic it sounded.

"What? Just tell her she's old. Wouldn't have to be special of her exact age."

"Isabell, please. If i know it then i'd come up with more clever ways at least."

"You woke me up for this?! God! I don't know, i think.. yeah, she's 38."

"38?!" The word literally yelped out my mouth.

"Mhm? Honestly i get your shock though. That devil looks 30. Maybe even younger from how flawless her skin and appearance is."

"That's what i thought the first time i met her! Fuck! How is she looking like that at such an age though?" I questioned and rolled on my back, staring at my ceiling in complete amusement.

"Right. But listen, was that all? I'm still fucking waisted from last night."

"Oh yeah! Sorry. Good luck on.. whatever you have gotten yourself into again." I laughed out but nonetheless we said our goodbyes.

38? That's mad! Wait but.. this one woman on the app, i've been going back and forth with her for a while and wasn't she-

I unlocked my phone back on and entered the app. The sight of my unread messages from her already being at the top of the screen but clearly the last one from yesterday morning.

I scrolled as far up as i could, seeing the time she revealed her age which fucking is 38! Slowly scanning over the recent ones, my eyes locked on one..

Them: I'll be honest.. I'm actually a teacher so it wouldn't be such a crisis to see what you're struggling with :)

It can't be.. she's engaged and using a damn app to find other people?! Females to be exact?! Wait but she definitely hasn't said anything inappropriate to me. The only one that has texted properly, clearly in a friendly way.

What have i gotten myself into? How did i not catch on earlier either?! And the fact that i've been enjoying the messages we send daily.. i'm fucked.

Them: Good morning, you! How'd you sleep? <3

Last text from her. Yesterday morning to be exact but i was already wrecked from smoking and drinking before leaving to school.

Me: Sorry i missed your text. How are you doing today? :)

How do i even talk to her now? Knowing she's my teacher.. A woman i loved to chat with.. A woman i'm falling for in person.. It's not even two different comfort people for me anymore. It's one. It's her.

Them: Yeah, why didn't you text back?😑 Had a busy school day yesterday?

Besides.. how has she not caught onto me too?

Me: Sort of 🥲 But you can't blame me. You're a teacher yourself so you are even more busier

Alright. Let's see if she lied about her job. Maybe that one time she just wanted to help me with my so called homework and pretended to be a teacher. God, i honestly wish she lied. This is so wrong if it's actually Kendra..

Them: You got me 😅 But today is off. I have some tests to grade tomorrow though. Can't get a single break even on the weekend..

Oh fuck. I'm so doomed. Or am i? From what happened yesterday night, i don't even think she'll look at me on Monday so this might just be my advantage.

Me: Sorry for you. How'd you spend Halloween though? :) Or do you not care about it like most people?

Them: Oh no! I like all holidays! Yesterday had a Halloween school event but i kinda ditched and i didn't even see it 😅

Okay. Now i for sure can't be so delusional of it not being her but let's play along. Maybe i could get her to confess what she felt about my dumb behavior.

Me: Why is that? Shouldn't it be major for teachers specifically to attends them?

Them: There were plenty of other ones to take my duty after they saw i didn't show up. But yeah, one of my students needed help more than anything. Taking care of her was definitely a more major thing

Me: What happened with her?

Them: Oh you're curious, aren't you? 👀

Me: Just keeping a topic going😄 But if you're not allowed to say it then it's cool :)

Them: No, no! Nothing to hide about it. She's just going through a hard time right now and choosing the wrong ways to cope with it. Besides, if i knew her closer, i'd love to check on her right now because how she acted yesterday brings worry if she's alright right now

So she won't be dodging me even though.. we kissed?

Me: You should act on your emotions. I mean, if you're telling me that she felt rough then everything she needs would be that assurance from someone

Them: I know. That's exactly what i've been thinking of ever since waking up but it's just that we talked about something quite personal too so i'm scared if she regrets it now about revealing it

Talked? I mean i am a stranger to her so she wouldn't slip into the full details.

Me: Oh! But you don't have a choice either way, do you? If she's your student then you'll have to see her at school anyways

Them: I think i'm gonna let her gather herself before Monday. I don't want to be pushy.

>>>