25 - tied to her

- Alyssa -

My eyes gradually fluttered open and the sight of a bathroom shower was the first thing in my view. The sudden wave of pain going through my body was the second major concern as i pulled myself up from the floor.

Oh fuck.. 10 am. I'm late!

Stumbling outside the bathroom, i absorbed as a couple was still knocked asleep on the bed. Another guy on a mattress but no sight of Isabell.

Guiding myself in the unfamiliar house, i found the staircase down and there she was, on the living room couch.

"Hey!" I smacked my hand on her thigh, bringing her awake right away. "What?!"

"It's the morning. We're fucking late for school." I dropped down on the couch myself with a sigh. "Oh shitt! But i put an alarm! Why didn't it.."

"Mhm. I already doubted it of you hearing it."

"Oh my godd! I feel like ass!" Isabell gripped her head, feeling the same sickness after waking up. "I'll come up with some lie on why we're late. But we gotta go now." I stood back up and yanked her up too.

- - -
It was so hard to even keep my eyes open and the more i thought about it, the more the teachers voice kept fading so i had no choice but to look up and try to focus on the lesson.

Kendra was scanning across all the students yet landed on me soon enough and i could tell she noticed my state, those different types of emotions hidden behind her eyes.

I broke the eye contact immediately though, looking back at Isabell in the last row who was feeling just as miserable. Even having me throw her a smile from how fun it was in the moment but the aftermath absolutely killing us.

"Alright. Well. That's about it today. Remember that Friday is coming up so we'll be presenting those books you've chosen." The teachers voice caught my attention back up front and i began packing up with the other students.

"Let's hit the bathroom before the next class? I need some nicotine in me." Isabell walked up and whispered out to me. "Sure. No problem." I chuckled back and stood up but as we walked back Kendra's desk, she tapped my shoulder.

"Why were you late today?"

"Overslept." I coldly replied but checked as my friend stopped by the door, waiting for me. "You're doing it again, aren't you? Why? You promised me to not." The woman quietly commented.

"Don't start blaming me now. Your decisions are way worse to bear with a clear mind."

"Alyssa." Her hand gripped on my arm as she spat my name out. "You know. This whole distance thing does make you realize something. That you don't know what you got till it's gone. So there, you achieved what you wanted. Got rid of me." I yanked my arm away and didn't hesitate to continue the walk out the classroom.

- - -
I laid down but kept my eyes on Kiara, her cheerful smile even bringing one to my face. "I don't really know if it was a good idea for me to come here without an invitation. You have been completely ignorant towards me the last days." The girl explained and took a seat next to me.

"Don't think about it. A lot going through my life so i couldn't focus on any type of sexual fun." I answered calmly. "Ohh? Was that a sign just now? I'm here to.." She scooted closer, caressing her hand on my chest.

"Hmm. No, no. I just explained what was up with me lately. But since you came here so unexpectedly, there must be a reason." I took her hand away and sat up.

"Well yeah. Ehm, Ruby, told me a few things. We were friends before but from how angered she confessed of what you did to her kinda put me in a question if we still are."

"What did she say?"

"You apparently used her for a one night stand. Remember, on your birthday, you both had rushed out Isabell's dorm."

"Right. Well she definitely phrased it a bit too dramatically though. There was no using but more so i allowed her wants to come true."

"So ya'll aren't together? No small argument that might fade soon?" Kiara asked, her hand gradually grabbing mine for a hold. "We never were together. She's pretty but not my type." I replied truthfully.

"What is your type?" Her eyes stayed on mine, even pulling up a smile after her question. "Listen, Kiara, just because i'm single, i'm really not-" The feeling of her lips pressing on mine blocked my confession short.

I honestly was so desperate for any type of comfort that i just gave in immediately. My hand grabbed her waist as her back laid down on the bed. The taste of the alcohol from her tongue brought understanding over me that she wasn't sober.

My shirt already was pulled off but as her fingers moved along to my jeans strap, i broke the make out off.

"No. No, no! I can't. I'm sorry." I stood up, grabbing my shirt back to put it on. "Why?" The girl sat up with pure confusion in her voice. "I want it but i can't. Now as harsh as this might sound, i don't want us to be doing anything like this anymore. Yes, before we had fun and enjoyed it but no more. There won't be a cycle."

"God! Okay! Just say i'm not your type either. Don't have to be around the bush." Kiara stood off the bed herself and didn't hesitate to head for the door.

>>>