15 - abusive family

- Kendra -

I absorbed Alyssa step out of my car and make her way to the front entrance of the house. There was no doubt that her living conditions were absolutely miserable even though i noticed the fancy car that was parked in the garage and overall the house being modern.

But as just a couple of days ago i scanned out her documents that her parents gave in for her application to the school. Her mother is unemployed which already is quite suspicious as to how the father can afford everything by himself.

I can't even forget the bruise she once had on her arm. Sure, said some student did it but that didn't look fresh as to have happened the same day and why would a student hold her? As wrong as it might sound, the fights that happen have fists being thrown and being pushed but not leaving bruises from holding the person in place..

I opened the door and stepped out myself, allowing the cold air breeze to come at me. I took a small stroll around though, examining how lovely the front yard actually was.

But the more i walked away from my running engine, the more i heard voices from inside the house. Deciding to stroll closer to the front door, it was obvious by now that it was yelling instead of talking.

"Where the fuck have you been?! Just because you're 18 now doesn't give you permission to leave the house without letting us!"

"Mom! I was with friends! At their dorm so nothing could have happened to me!"

"Does it look like i care if something happened to you?! You're my daughter. You should be here with us every night otherwise your dad will come at me for not keeping an eye on you!"

My hand grabbed the handle of the door and thankfully it was open so i didn't waist time to step inside. The view extended forward down a hallway but i noticed as the living room was just to the right.

"Oh my god! Let go!" The whine from Alyssa spiked further anger in me and i made my appearance known. "What is going on here? What's the yelling for?!"

The woman dropped her hand off the girls arm and turned to look at me. "And who are you in my house?!" Her legs lead her closer but i stepped aside, walking over to Alyssa.

"And what permission have you got to abuse your daughter like that?!"

"Exactly! She's my daughter so i do what the fuck i want! Now get out of my house!" Her hand was about to reach back for the girl but i stepped in front. "I'll call the police! You want that? You're absolutely waisted to even understand your actions!"

"Who are you to be controlling me right now?! Oh wait! Maybe you're are together with this sinful kid?! Are you both dating huh?! God! How disgusting you are!"

"Sinful kid? She can date who she wants! You are the one that's being a sin right now! Abusing her like she has done something to you!" I yelled back but grabbed the bag that was right next to the girl.

"You don't even understand how nasty you both are! I'll call the cops instead for you breaking into this house!" The woman pulled her phone out right away but i just laid my other hand on Alyssa, dragging her right out and over to my car.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that!" She yelped the apology out as i backed out the property and on the street. "What are you saying right now?! Don't apologize for that! Why did she even attack you, sweetheart? Have you seriously been living like this all the time?" I kept my glances on her at all costs, my hand even going over to hers so i can hold it.

"I- god." Alyssa's eyes shut closed, clearly doing everything to not burst out crying. "It's okay. I'll drive you to the dorms and i'll make sure you're okay."

- - -
I set her bag down and turned around to see her close the door, her back hitting right against it. I stepped over and my arms wrapped around her for a tight hug.

"You'll be fine here. And honestly i need your acceptance for me to call the police, darling. This is not okay. This never is okay! Why haven't you said anything to anyone about it?" I whispered out but she forced her face out and in front of mine.

"No cops. No! I can't do that!"

"Why? Alyssa, abuse isn't okay! And the fact that she's drinking so heavily to think that it's okay to do it, you can't leave it be like that."

"No! Hitting me or not but she's still my mother!" The girl dropped her arms off me and i allowed her to walk in further.

"Okay. I don't have any fucking rights to demand you  to do this but still, please just think this over." I kneeled down in front of her as she sat on the bed. "Please. Let's not talk about this anymore." Her dreadful eyes locked right into mine and i could swear, my heart was so broken from the state of her.

"Can i just.." I caressed her sleeve and pulled it up, the bruise already toned purple. "God. Wait, so the other time i saw you with that bruise was from her too?!" I pulled it back down and asked in pure concern.

Alyssa stayed silent but the answer was already clear and i took a seat next to her, my arm wrapping around her for any comfort i could give.

>>>