8 - Kendra's life

- Kendra -

I opened my front door and stepped inside, slipping the heels off and immediately heading towards the kitchen. Finding a bottle of wine, i filled up a glass and switched the tv on in the living room.

"Oh! You got back quite late this day." Adam appeared from the staircase but i only forced up a smile. "Soo? Trouble with the kids again?" He leaned down and pressed a kiss on my lips but took a seat next to me.

"Yeah. Just because i scare all of them with my teaching ways, that still has some not listening so i have the need to discipline them."

"Oh wow. I mean they know what they're capable of and don't care to hide it. And i think their confidence on you is quite working since you're ending this day with a full glass of wine."

"Adam, no more talking about school. Where's Pluto? How is he feeling? I still can't believe you gifted me a dog even though you have to be around him more from my long school days." I faded my negative emotions and asked.

"Oh. I'm not sure. I had some zoom calls for work so i couldn't keep my eye on him."

"What?! He's just 4 months old and you aren't even bothering to look for him now that you're done?!" I placed my glass down and immediately stood up, walking through the rooms.

"Pluto?" I kneeled down as i heard a shuffling behind a corner plant. My hands reached out and i watched him appear, rushing over to me with a wagging tail.

"God. You little baby." I picked the dog up and walked to the kitchen, examining the empty food bowl.

"Adam! Are you serious?! That hard to even feed him?!" I yelled out and did it myself, the little thing without hesitation going in to eat.

"You're so irresponsible." I got back in the living room, my fiancé taking sips of my wine and just glaring at the tv completely unbothered.

"Love, i gave him food just a few hours ago but i can't constantly keep an eye on him."

"Then why bring me a dog that's young even though you knew that he needs 24/7 attention at such an age?!"

"Kendra, just please calm down. I had so many things to discuss about in the zoom calls and i don't want us to fight. Now come here, i haven't even gotten a hug ever since you got here." Adam plastered a smile at me, literally only one intention in his mind right now.

"I'm exhausted. I'll make the bed." I ignored his need and walked up the stairs. I took a seat on the bed and pulled my phone out. Multiple unread messages from the app i've been on for the past few days.

>>>