13 - the offer

- Alyssa -

"Yeah? What else am i gonna be confronted about?" I questioned as soon as the door closed behind me. "Alyssa, please. I'm sorry for earlier but then again, i'm not certain how much i believe your red eyes to be from sleeplessness." Kendra replied from sitting at her desk.

"Well that's your loss then because they are from that and you honestly have no way of proving it otherwise." I proudly walked closer. "Hm? So what if i call in the police? They have clear methods to detect if a person is on the use of drugs." The woman didn't hesitate to fire back and i couldn't even hide my sudden stress level.

"I'm 18. I think that sort of will dim down the trouble if i have used it."

"So i assumed right? You have smoked, huh?" I watched her stand up with a proud smile, not sure whether i'm actually gonna be fucked right now or not.

"I said if i have used it. I didn't confess, miss. Just stated how they might react to an outcome like that." My arms crossed, at this point using up my last bits of confidence to not let her read the stressfulness off me.

"Alright. I'm in no desire to ruin your birthday party like that and you truly didn't do anything that most people do on such substances. At least to my knowledge." She kept her smile visible. To be honest, making me feel more and more nervous but just from her appearance alone.

"Speaking of your birthday. I hope you don't mind if i actually give you something too?" The teacher said, catching me off guard completely. I thought she'd be trying to get me to confess and that's why she called me here..

"I don't mind. But i truly don't need- oh my god." My emotions completely swapped as she handed me a bracelet. "It is mine, yes but i had no chance to leave and buy you something so i'm letting this to be yours." Kendra explained whilst wrapping it around my wrist.

"Do you just always gift students such expensive things on their birthdays?" I gave her a glance in complete shock. "Uhh- well.. No, Alyssa, i'm just grateful how good of a student you are. As much as we might argue like i do with others that don't behave, i still see the potential in you. If that makes sense."

"Oh my god.. But this expensive." I examined the jewelry - rose gold coloring, a small diamond like piece in one spot. "It's not too expensive but not bought at some thrift store either."

"Why though? I'm not special, miss. Just some other kid that hates learning." I released a chuckle to finally hide my obvious amusement. "I can see you hate it but you still manage to do everything." She spread a soft smile at me.

"Thank you. For the gift and.. compliment." I copied her expression. "Yeah.. Do you have any plans tonight? Maybe i can also treat you for a meal? But of course, like a teacher and student bonding!"

I took a pause before answering though. The idea of applying for a dorm, getting my things packed and the main hang out with Isabell crossed my mind but my heart was just not letting me deny her offer.

"If you're suggesting then i don't mind. But maybe like after an hour? My friend and i have to go to the dorm building, talk with the receptionist about me wanting to rent one."

"Oh? So you have decided to get one? I can honestly help too. I think they'd listen to a teacher more and i could make up a deal with them for your costs on the renting to be lowered." Kendra didn't hesitate to admit.

"Yeah! Isabell actually said the same thing. I think she has some sort of connection to make it work." I confessed but clearly bringing her excitement down.

"Right! She has some relative chain there but yeah, you can just trust her then. But about my offer though? We're making it work after an hour?"

"Sure! I'm certain i'll be done with everything by then."

- - -
I walked out the school entrance, spotting Isabell just near by with Ruby. "Damn! What took you so long?" The girl bursted at me right away. "Tried to make me confess about the dumb smoking we did yesterday but no, we're fine. Lied my way out of it." I innocently explained.

"Also hi. How are you feeling?" I panned my stare on Ruby, receiving a warm smile back before i accepted her hug. "I'm great. Holding on better than you all are from yesterday."

"Mhm! You had an advantage since you didn't smoke so much." I replied with a laugh. "Alright! Let's go? Gotta get you that dorm!" Isabell added in and began walking but the girls hand grabbed me, having me stick in place.

"Can we talk for a second? About last night." She whispered out. "Ehm, Ruby.. maybe some other time? My time is quite tight right now and i'll already will have to ditch you both after an hour."

"Why? Isabell offered me to come along and said we'd spend some time at the city center."

"Unexpected plans for me. But listen, i'm aware of what i did last night but we'll just talk tomorrow maybe. Okay?" I formed an innocent smile. "Well, alright then."

>>>