20 - hallucination

- Alyssa -

I absorbed her take a seat at her desk but i stayed standing, hoping so damn hard for her to not find the page i was on. "Really don't remember the number at all?" Kendra gave me a glance whilst flipping through the book.

"Yeah, you see i don't. But that's okay! I'll look for it at my dorm. You don't have to waist your time on being here for me." I walked around to her side but i hesitated to take it out of her hand from how rude it might look.

"Alyssa, please. Just relax. Don't you want this homework to be easier for you? Besides i have to stay here nonetheless for the test grading that another class did today."

Oh my god. Alright. I mean it's not like that part had full blown intercourse.

"Oh! We got something here about a passionate flame." The teacher announced and i leaned down to see what she found.

Oh, i'm fucked..

I didn't even hesitate to leave her side and sit at a front desk, gripping my jeans under the table with such strength from how awkward this is gonna be.

"A passionate flame could also be described two ways - love and care for them or lust and desire. That is a very good line! What else do we.. have.." I watched her eyes continue reading and my throat grew dry within a second.

"Did you choose this book for my class or for yourself?" Kendra questioned but didn't take her eyes off the page. "The class of course! I just- i don't read them. Well only online and i picked the first thing that caught my eye in the library." I stuttered out, inner facepalming myself so hard that i just squeezed my eyes closed for a second to loosen my embarrassment.

But as i opened them back up, her figure stood right in front of me, gazing down with such seductive eyes that an obvious throb traveled down to my area.

"Do you," she pressed her hands on the desk, "want to," and leaned closer to me, "recreate that scene?" The soft toned lips of hers spread a smirk after she finished the question.

"Alyssa?" I blinked once and it all disappeared, my confused stare looking at Kendra that was still at her desk. "Are you okay?" The woman stood up and walked over but i practically jumped out of my seat before she got any closer. "Oh my god! No, i'm- yeah! Can i go? I'm starting to hallucinate a bit. I guess overworked myself today." I went in to try and pass her but her hand slipped into mine, bringing me right back.

"Have you smoked again? Alyssa, you promised me to not do it again." Her stern voice entered my ears. "No! I have not! A made a promise for a reason." I tried to pull my hand out but she tightened the hold even more.

"What did you hallucinate about then? What was the cause of it?"

Fucking hell! My brain is so overwhelmed now. I can't even come up with a lie!

"Sweetheart, you can tell me. I'm only here to help. I've already seen the worst parts of your life so is this answer really that big of a secret?" Her body stepped closer and mine heated up further.

"You're literally sweating! Alyssa, tell me." I felt her finger caress my chin, pulling my face more up so the eye contact is evened.

"It was you." I whispered out, completely giving up to function what thoughts come out loud. "Me? What do you mean?" Her lips spread a questionable smile. "I saw you. Whilst you were reading, my mind pictured you. Staring at me the same way i imagined the two in the book looking at each other." I explained in a low tone and saw as her confusion faded.

"And what happened after?"

"Nothing. You called my name and there you were. Still sitting at your desk and nowhere close as you are right now." The last words brought a different type of emotion in her eyes. It was almost like interest or fascination.

"You confessed that what you did that night were influenced actions so did you lie to me? You remember every bit of it and meant it?" Kendra asked, letting loose of our hands but still keeping her finger right under my chin so our eyes don't break the tensed connection.

"I said that my actions were from the intoxication. Not words."

"So you're only brave to do something when you're in no touch of reality?"

"Yes. So even now i'm trying so hard to keep myself together because when i'm sober, i feel nothing else but nervous around you."

"I've realized that. You've always been nervous around me. So why don't you tell me you love me again just so i see that you truly meant it?"

>>>