Part 35

*

I sat in class tapping my fingers against my desk absentmindedly. I sighed, very unhappy with the predicament I was in right now. Looking down at the math worksheet in front of me, I rolled my eyes really not in the mood to be working on algebraic equations. I glanced over at Frank to see him scribbling down answers on his page.

He looked over at me, smiling sweetly. "You finished already?"

I looked down at the empty page on my desk. "Not even close."

He laughed and handed me his paper. "I'll let you copy it just this once, Lennox," He mocked me for the first time I had said it to him.

I took the paper from him, waving off the triumphant smile playing on his lips. "You're the best, Frank."

He smiled; leaning over to place a quick kiss to my cheek hoping the teacher wouldn't see him. I smiled back at him and then turned to the papers in front of me and started copying. The bell rang minutes later and I found myself walking to my next class with Frank by my side. Our fingers laced together, both of us as happy as we ever could be.

"So I'll see you after class?" Frank squeezed my hand lightly.

"Like always." I leaned up and kissed him gently, savoring the moment.

As I pulled back but he leaned forward, keeping our lips from separating. I hit his chest playfully and he stepped away with a laugh.

"What was that for?" He rubbed his chest in mock hurt.

"Don't be so... touchy in school." I glanced around, feeling as though everyone was staring at us, though no one actually was.

He laughed again and pulled me toward him. "Now that I have you all I want to do is kiss you, is that so wrong?"

I could feel my breath catch in my throat. How could he still make me this nervous? "No but-"

He kissed me again, cutting me off. "I'll see you after class."

With that he smiled down at me and walked away. I walked into class slightly dazed, Gerard laughing at me as I took my seat next to him.

"Seems like you two are quite happy." He raised an eyebrow at me, amusement written all over his face.

I nodded, smiling to myself. "Yeah, we are."

Gerard cleared his throat and I turned toward him finally out of my daze. "What's up, Gee?"

"I have something to tell you..." He looked really serious. "But I can't tell you right now. Can I drive you home today?"

I didn't understand, but I nodded my head anyway. "Umm... Yeah, sure."

"Okay, good." With that he turned back to his new drawing.

What could be so important that it had to wait until after school? I sat there thinking about it all class period. I didn't even work on my drawing once, but I didn't really care, I was almost done anyway.

I sat in the passenger seat in Gerard's car, after much fuss from Frank, since he wanted to drive me instead. We had been parked outside my house for the last 10 minutes in pure silence and the suspense was about to kill me.

I turned to look at him. "Gerard, what did you want to tell me? Are you okay?"

"Of course, I'm okay." He gave me a strange look. "Since you aren't freaking out yet, I guess Frank hasn't told you."

I looked at him confused, my heart starting to beat a little faster. "Told me what?"

Gerard stared at me straight in the eyes for a moment before speaking again. "We got signed, Lennox."

I sat there in complete shock. "W-when?"

"Last Wednesday at the gig." He eyed me up knowing there was something wrong.

"W-when do you guys leave?"

He stayed quiet for a while, fidgeting in his seat. "In about three weeks."

"Where are you going?"

"LA, first we're going record the songs we have and then we'll come home and then we're going to go on a tour."

That's when it hit me; everyone was going to be gone. The only friends I had were going to be gone; Frank was going to be gone.