Part 18

*

"Hey Lenny." I felt Frank drape his arm over my shoulders in a friendly manner.

I looked up at him and smiled. "Hey Frankie!"

"So today is Wednesday, right?" He asked out loud, tapping a finger against his chin in thought as he looked toward the ceiling.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"My mom wants you to come over and have dinner with us tomorrow."

"What, don't you want me to, Frank?" I joked.

"Of course, I want you-" He paused shaking his head, getting flustered suddenly. "To come over."

As amused as I was I couldn't help the blush that formed on my cheeks. "Chill Frankie boy, I was just messing with you."

"Yeah." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I knew that."

I laughed. "Well I got to get to class. See you after school?"

He looked at me and smiled that gorgeous smile of his. "Of course!"

I gave him a hug and turned the corner, walking in the opposite direction of him. I sat down in my seat and smiled over at Gerard, he just made a funny face back in response. I loved art class.

The bell rang signaling that it was time to leave and I jumped from my seat eager to get outside and see Frank. When I pushed open the heavy front entrance doors I could already see Frank leaning against the hood of his new car. I walked toward him as he pulled the cigarette from his lips and smiled big.

"Oh Frank! I'm so happy you have your own car now." I bounced excitedly in my seat as we drove down the street.

"Pfft, please." He looked over at me. "You only like it cause now you can get me to drive you wherever you want," He joked.

I laughed and leaned toward him. "You're really going to drive me wherever I want?"

He glanced over at me. "Depends on what you do for me." He was smirking now.

I rolled my eyes, tapping my fingers against my knees. Why was he flirting with me if he only wanted us to be friends? "Keep dreaming, Frank."

He laughed loudly and grinned at the road ahead of him. "And that's why I love you, Lenny."

I smiled to myself and blushed even though I knew he didn't mean it in the way I wanted him to.

I just played it cool. "Love you too, Frankie."

We made it safely home after about ten minutes. I started toward my driveway and when I was about half way up my front porch steps Frank called out to me. I turned back to look at him to see that he was still standing by his open car door.

"I'll text you later, okay? I think Gerard has something planned for everybody." He shrugged to himself.

I nodded. "Okay!"

With that I walked into the house and closed the front door behind me. Why had he waited until I was on my porch to tell me that? I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought of Frank's eyes watching me when I wasn't paying attention.