THE MONSTER INSIDE THE CLOSET

It was a rainy evening. I went downstairs to drink some water in the kitchen because I felt thirsty.

I immediately went upstairs after I drank some water. I was able to go inside my room when I heard a blag sound in my younger sister's room.

Nagtungo agad ako sa loob ng k'warto ng nakababata kong kapatid na babae na si Bella.

When I went inside her room, I saw her—covered with her bedsheet.

“Bella,” As she heard my voice she immediately uncovered her face with her bedsheet and faced me.

“Kuya..” Her voice filled with fear. “Kuya, I'm scared.”

“Shh, don't be scared baby, kuya is now here.” I said then I hugged her tight.

“Kuya, I'm really scared,” she mewled, the fear traced from her voice.

I wiped the tears from her eyes. “Kuya, there's a monster inside my closet,” she spoke again.

My eyes shifted on the closet. “No, baby, there's no monster inside your closet.”

“No, Kuya, there is.”

“Okay, I will see your closet. Ipapakita ko sa'yong wala talagang monster. Just stay there okay?”

She just nodded. Ako naman ay dahan-dahan naglakad papalapit sa walk-in closet ni Bella.

I let out a heavy sigh before I open the closet.

As I open the closet, I didn't saw any monster. There is no monster. But I saw someone, it's Bella, she's hiding. She started crying when she saw me.

“Bella?” I called her, full with confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“Kuya, there's a monster in my bed.”

As what she said made me dumbfounded.

-----

E N D.