Chapter Thirty-Two

-----------------------------

Roseville, California

April 20th, 2016

-----------------------------

Taylor is a good mom, Jasper decides.

She isn't technically their mom. Mama says she's just staying for a little while to help with his new foster brother, and then she has to go back to her house in New York. But...Taylor acts like a mom, so Jasper decides that if she did have kids, they'd be really lucky.

She makes the best brownies, though she tells them they aren't allowed to have any until after dinner. She's really good at homework, and every afternoon when they come home from school, she's there with a snack ready, waiting to help them. She knows how to clean boo-boo's, and she knows which character band-aid each kid likes. She knows how to do the nighttime routine when mama isn't there to do it, and she gives the best hugs.

Those are all things he thinks only a good mom knows to do.

So, in turn, Taylor is a good mom.

He wonders if Ronan and Dalia feel that way. The little boy still calls them Miss Taylor and Miss Camila, and Dalia doesn't seem very phased by the fact Taylor is now in their house, cuddling their mother, and acting like their mom, so he decides he isn't either. Taylor, is just Taylor. That's that.

But...when he looks at his mama, kissing Miss Taylors cheek or calling her "my girlfriend." when she thinks they aren't around, it makes him think that maybe...Taylor isn't just Taylor.

That's a tomorrow thought though.

Because today, when he wakes up for school, Ronan cuddled up to his side, he remembers it's saturday. He enjoys school, but Saturdays are the days he gets to go to hockey practice, which means Ronan will get to go too.

So he puts on his Cobra jersey, tucked into his pajama pants, helps Dalia get dressed, and then lets Ronan borrow one of his jerseys as well so he's matching with them.

He makes his way to the room Mama and Taylor are asleep in, using the bed frame to get up on it and then glaring at the currently asleep women. Ronan sits next to him, nervously glancing around before his eyes widen in fear when the other boy yells as loud as he can, "It's practice day! It's practice! The sun is up! Why aren't you up?!"

Camila sits up in a panic at the sound of yelling, hands instinctively flying to protect her head from anything (anyone) that may be trying to hit her. Taylor groans, head buried in her pillow.

"Heavens to Betsy! What are you guys doing in here?!"

Ronan giggles, and Jasper rolls his eyes while pointing to the swear jar on her dresser. "I feel like you weren't listening to my chant mama. I said....IT'S PRACTICE DAY IT'S PRACTICE DAY! IT'S-"

Camila holds a hand over his mouth, sending Taylor apologetic eyes. She looks out the window at the...moon, then to her digital clock which reads, "3:13 am"

Holy fucking shit.

Did she raise psychopaths?

The brit huffs, laying her head down again and cuddling up to the blonde currently still snoring with Olivia on her back.

How is she still sleeping?

"Mama...you have to get up. You have to go to the gym, then it's breakfast time, then it's practice time!" He continues to ramble, swaying slightly as Ronan slowly moves to cuddle up right in between Taylor and his mom. Dalia huffs and puffs in anger at not being able to get on the bed, so the blonde reaches down and forces her tired arms to pick her up and lay her on top of her chest.