Chapter Twenty Eight

— – — – — – — – — – —

Have you ever had to set up a date for the girl that you really like but you can't be seen simping over in public so you have to find a idea that will show how much you care about her without telling your thousands of fans that you're actually so fucking gay for your best friend?

Taylor has.

Twice, counting right now.

Anyway, it's a very hard task if you didn't know.

You have to find something that isn't to lovey dovey like a romantic restaurant or a dance bar, but it also needs to be something that you'll both enjoy and proves you really, really like them.

Maybe it shouldn't be this hard. Maybe Taylor's overthinking it.

But on the other hand, Camila isn't just any girl. She's interesting and enjoys both calm and energetic settings, and she's basically a hyperactive toddler in an adult body. She would have fun doing something like an amusement park, but Taylor gets too sick on the rides and would rather not throw up. She would like stargazing, but Taylor can't do that without getting 1000 lyrics in her head and she wants to put aside her work in order to give Camila her full attention.

She can't really go to anyone for help, as she hasn't really told anyone they've even admitted their feelings for eachother let alone planned out a day where neither of them work to go out on their first date.

So, in a state of pure panic and worry, she goes to the one person she knows would just answer her question without asking their own if she asked them to.

Selena.

She's supposed to be coming over for dinner already, so Taylor's thinking she'll just casually slip the question, "hey girl where should I take out my super hot date for a not to gay but not to straight first date?" into their usual dinner talk.

The entire night, Taylor is scaringly quiet. They don't play music while they cook or fight over what movie to put on in the background, and she only seems to become even more silent when her friend asks about Tom and how that little "relationship" is going. (she puts relationship in quotes because the friend group has an entire fucking groupchat without Taylor in it just to talk about how much the blonde clearly does not like him)

She seems almost nervous and her friend is just about done with it.

Selena puts down her wine glass in the middle of her story about something Gigi did the other day, sighing as she leans forward and crosses her arms on the table. "You're gonna tell me what's wrong right now Taylor or we're gonna have an issue."

Taylor sighs, throwing her head back with a groan before she swallows the last bit of wine in her own glass and fills it up again. She's silent for a minute but Selena raises her eyebrow to give the singer the same look Tree and her mother give her every time she's bullshitting them and she hesitantly speaks, "I'm going to say something, and I need you to just answer me and not ask anything else okay? I've done it for you so many times. Remember when I didn't ask why the fuck you wanted Kaylee's last name, instagram, hometown and job? Yeah. I need you to do that for me now."

The brunette frowns in confusion, her shoulders slumping as she shrugs. Is that why she's so nervous? It truly can't be that bad.

"I need you to tell me where I should take Camila on a date."

Selena lets out some sort of squeaking noise. Taylor looks at her weird, but she sighs when she looks up from her plate to see her friend holding in a squeal so hard her face is turning red.