Chapter Four

Madison Square Garden, New York, New York.

October 10th, 2015

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Taylor has a tight grip on her brother's bicep as he walks them through the hundreds of people. He has on a jersey that says on the back:

Davis

13

He had also bought her a matching one. She doesn't know anything about the hockey player, or about hockey, but the boy practically begged her to come watch his favorite player with him and she only said yes so he'd leave her alone. And the jersey has a 13 on it. Why wouldn't she wear it? "Can you buy me snacks Austin?" She questions, and he releases a sigh as he stops walking and turns around to look at her. "We're already late thanks to you being stuck in the studio Teffy. Can you wait until intermission?"

She scoffs but nods nonetheless and continues following him to their front row seats. They're wearing caps on their heads and sunglasses as a disguise, but that doesn't stop people from turning to do a double take when she passes by them. The teams are already on the ice, but luckily the game hasn't fully started yet. "So who's playing who?" Taylor questions, squinting her eyes to try and find the players whose jersey she's wearing. "The California Cobras- aka the best team ever- is up against the New York Rangers. The Cobras have literally won the playoffs last season and the season before that! I bet they'll win their first game of this season!" Taylor smiles at her brother's enthusiasm.

He also looks around the ice, and then he gasps loudly and begins hitting his sister's arm. Taylor is startled and begins hitting him back. He stops and then starts pointing to the ice. "There she is! There she is!" Taylor looks to wheres he's pointing but all she sees is a ton of hockey players wearing the same jersey so she asks, "Where is who?" He side eyes her before continuing, "Camila Davis! My favorite player of all time! and the only female on this team. Keep up Teffy! she's the one with the big C on the left side of her chest"

Taylor looks out on the ice again, and finally spots the players he's talking about. She's standing right infront of a player from the other team, the hockey puck right in the middle of them in the hand of a ref. She does have a big C on her chest, which Austin explains means she's the captain of the team.

The game begins, and Camila immediately rushes to get the puck. She does, and then passes it to the teammates about 10 feet to her left where another teammate stops it with his stick. Austin cheers a bit, so Taylor awkwardly claps. She grew up sitting on the couch with their father as the man yelled curses or cheered at the players playing on their TV screen, but other than some very insulting words she can say if they start playing badly, she doesn't know anything about hockey. Austin does though, and it's clear he expects her to know as well.

"So um...Camila. What position does she play?" She asks, trying to keep track of the woman on the ice but ultimately losing sight of her in the mix of the rest of the players. "Center. There are 23 players on a team, two centers, and she's the one her team puts on the ice the most. She's so good." While her brother is busy fangirling, all Taylor can think about is that the name seems familiar, she just can't seem to place where she knows it from.

The singer reaches over to snatch Austin's beanie off his head to put it on her own when she shivers, and he huffs complaining, "If you had dressed like I told you to, you wouldn't be cold. Now give me my beanie."