Chapter Seventeen

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Some lake in California

January 9th, 2015

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"If you wanna catch a fish-"

Taylor cuts Camila off, panting heavily from the heat as she says, "A fishing pole and bait. We have those. Can I have water now?"

Camila chuckles, grabbing a water bottle from her bag and throwing it towards the blonde. "Yes. We do need a fishing pole and bait. But you know what we also need?" Taylor sighs, shaking her head no. "We need a positive attitude. So cheer up blondie and act like you're happy to be spending time with me."

She's only teasing of course, so Taylor just laughs, shoving the brits face away as she helps Kaylee out of the car. girlsTaylor was talking about how when she was younger, her dad always wanted her to learn how to fish so they could have something to do together, and she always felt bad that she didn't. So, to make up for this guilt, she told him she'd go on a weekend fishing trip the next time she has days off. Only issue? She still doesn't know how to fish.

The moment she mentioned this to Camila, the girl was all over it.

Her father always took her out fishing when she was younger, and it was something she and her brother used to do before.....the french girl didn't finish that sentence, just awkwardly laughing as she moved on. Anyway, she still loves doing it- especially with her kids, so she promised she would take blondie to her favorite fishing spot in Cali and teach her how.

That's why they're now here, Camila's brain slowly turning to mush the longer she stares at Taylor in a cowboy getup. She doesn't exactly have on the full hat and boots, but she is wearing loose flare jeans, a worn out flannel, and a baseball cap squishing down her slightly curly hair- a reaction to the slightly hot air outside that she seems to hate despite everyone else loving it- and Camila's sure she's going to pass out. Not from the heat. From the fact that this is what Kaylee was talking about when she whispered, "Boyfriend Taylor has arrived." when blondie was entering the car.

Even when they went out line dancing, Taylor was wearing a t-shirt shorts and tennis shoes, so this is the closest Camila bas gotten to seeing what Selena calls, "country taylor." Safe to say it does something to the brit.

Anyway, Kaylee forced herself into the equation. That's that.

So now, they make their way down a hill to a large lake. There is a small fishing boat owned by Camila already out there, but she decides they're going to spend a bit of time just fishing from the dock first.

Taylor is already tired, but the sight of Camila so genuinely excited to be doing something for the first time since before Carlos took her to court is enough to keep the blonde also hyped up.

"Alright. So one of the most important parts of fishing is to get a bait that the fish will like. Regular worms work, but I've learned things like this-" She holds up some sort of fake green crawdad made of soft plastic and a small fake plastic fish, each with a hook attached to them, "work a lot better."

She hands that one to Taylor, giving Kaylee a basic purple worm.

"The last time I took Kaylee fishing, she lost six of my expensive baits. Since then, she's banned from anything but worms." Camila says. Taylor laughs, and Kaylee rolls her eyes before sitting down on the dock.

She goes on to explain that she has some cool type of soft plastic worm that's both brown and purple, one that she's nicknamed pb and j. Taylor has never fought harder to not laugh in her life. After that she talks about what her favorite type of fishing pole is- Kaylee apparently couldn't resist the urge to make a joke about her own favorite type of pole is- and by the end of it, each girl has two prepared fishing poles with bait and hooks on the line and a very annoyed French woman.