Chapter Twenty-Seven

a/n: happy birthday love, this one's for you. (just me tryna seem like a singer dedicating a song to a fan. stop T-T) Gayasslittleshit

— – — – — – — – —

Sometimes Camila thinks life would be better if her dad was still alive.

She's heard of people having a, "I need my mom." moment, but she doesn't have those very often. She has about 5 "I need my dad." moments a day though.

Her father was only eighteen when Lila was born, and when she was younger she sometimes wondered if he regretted becoming a dad at such a young age. All his highschool friends went to college and partied before settling down years later, but there he was, giving his children baths and watching Bubble Guppies on a Friday night. He never showed signs he hated it- unlike his wife who did everything in her power to remind her children she hated them- but it was always a thought that lingered in Camila's mind.

Even with this, he was her favorite person.

He was wise for a young man, at least, that's what her grandma always said. He was a calm man that rarely got angry and always had the solution to issues.

Which is why, when she gave birth to Jasper at eighteen, she cried for her father. She was happy to have two healthy children, but it hurt, and she did it all alone. He would've been there. He would've held her hand and told her he knew she could do it. He would've held the twins and told her he was proud of her.

But he wasn't there.

Then, at nineteen, when Henry died, she cried for her father. Because he would hold her and promise everything was going to be okay. He would explain that she did her best, and one day, she would be with the boy again and until then she had to be strong for his brother.

But he wasn't there.

Then, at twenty, when Carlos hit her for the first time, she cried for her father. Because he would protect her. He would get her out of there and save her from the man she once thought she loved. He would drive her back to Montana and she could raise her kids in the same happy place she was raised with the love of their grandpa.

But he wasn't there.

She felt the same feeling any time something happened, whether it be sad or happy. She just wants her dad back. She feels that way even if it's the smallest issues, which is why, as she now sits across from one of her best friends wishing a hole would swallow her up and she could die, she just wants her dad to be here. To tell her what to do.

Camila thinks her dad would like Taylor much more than he liked Cara or Mary-Kate.

"It was wrong Cara." She eventually says after she sits at the table in silence for like ten minutes. When she'd gotten the text from the model that she was only in town for a few days and she wanted to get coffee together, Camila found it as a way to talk about what happened between them. When they slept together. But now, as they sit in an awkward and tense silence, surrounded by people who could hear something and instantly have it all over the tabloids, she's beginning to think it was the wrong idea. "It was heat of the moment, and it can't happen again."

If she was dumb, she'd probably say Cara looks disappointed.

Nonetheless, the model nods, stirring around the creamer in her coffee before she speaks quietly, "I know. I figured."

Camila nods, sipping her hot cocoa as she nervously kicks her feet back and forth under the table. It feels like everyone is looking at her, but she knows it's just anxiety.