Eighty-one

After talking to Val on Friday, I felt like shit but at the same time I felt like she made sense.

I went home and had the longest shower and cried one last time. I decided I wouldn't cry anymore and just try to power through the ten Fridays we have together before I graduate, because then it's us forever.

I hope.

I put on her Chicago university jumper, it was the right amount of oversized and I love it. It's my favourite one she has.

I made sure her necklace was under my pillow and curled up in bed, hoping the weekend would be better.

It was, Colton took us across the state for the next four days. We went to a cabin resort.

He wanted us to spend some time with his family since Kinsley is getting formally adopted by him in a few months.

So we all went to a cabin resort. I met his siblings, two sisters and a brother, his nephews, there's two older than me, one my age and three younger, all around Kinsley's age. And saw his parents again.

It was a good refreshing few days. And when I went back to school on Wednesday, I felt like the world was a little lighter.

Seeing Val in class and around school didn't make it less harder. I so badly wanted to stay after class just to tell her how pretty she looked. But instead I settled for admiring from a far.

It's Thursday and I'm in my last class, PE. It would be physics but Mrs Scott is out all week so PE has replaced physics so Val could take this class.

I've been sweating bullets just remembering the last PE class she ran.

Zoë, Birdie and I were standing around the bleachers waiting for her to come.

"So like you haven't talked to her at all? For the last week almost?" Birdie asked.

"Yeah. But it's okay, it's for the better."  I said.

"It's really mature of both of you, like really mature." Zoë said.

"I know right, I was thinking that." Birdie said.

"I'm trying to be. No matter how much I just want a hug from her." I sighed and she walked in.

A black two piece workout outfit. Her hair in a ponytail illuminating her features.

"Alright, we're playing capture the flag again because we did it last time. So I'll number you one or two, one being blue and two being green, you'll form your teams from there." She said coldly.

Like last time I was two, birdie this time was on the opposite team to me and Zoë and I'm not even surprised that Valentina was on my team.

"We'll play four games and then we can all go home." She said sarcastically making every chuckle lightly.

The games started and it was fun and I felt like I had all those months ago in the beginning of the school year. I was a receiver while Zoë was a guard. Val was receiving too.

We were winning and now I'm just starting to believe that Zoë is indeed a lucky charm.

At the start of the third game was swapped places, so everyone who was receiving was now guarding. I was hoping Val would be choose the same position as me but she chose the one on the other side of the field, across from me.