Sixty-five

Zoë dropped me off and I walked in still thinking about all the instagram page.

"Letty!" Kinsley said excitedly to me. 

"Hi Kinny." I gave her a little hug setting my bag down.

We're still at Colton's house for now but we've been moving back slowly. There's just a few more things we have to take over and then we're back home.

"Come see what I made." She pulled my hand along.

I was taken through to the kitchen where Colton was decorating cupcakes with a piping bag.

"Look. We made cupcakes." She said pointing at the cupcakes on the table.

"Really good cupcakes, right pumpkin." Colton said

"Yes. There's chocolate and vanilla and Colton said there's also lemon and...what was the other thing Colton?" Kinsley turned her head to ask him.

"Lemon and poppy." He said to her with a little laugh.

"Right." She turned to me. "Lemon and poppy but they don't taste very nice. It's for Nala's birthday. Because Kennedy's birthday was a long time ago and mine is far away. And Nala's birthday is tomorrow but she has a party on Saturday. It's fairy themed and I'm going as tinkerbell, Kennedy said she's going to go as silver mist from tinkerbell because they have matching hair. And Nala said she wants to be flora from winx. Lyle wants to be an elf and Nala said it was fine but I don't know why because it's a fairy party." She said sitting back in her chair.

"Who's Kennedy?" I ask her, I know Nala is her best friend and Lyle is the boy who gives her brownies at recess that she shares with Nala. So who's Kennedy?

"Kennedy is our friend." She says eating the icing instead of using it to decorate the cupcakes.

"Kennedy is from dance, that's where I met her parents. And now they're friends." Colton says.

"Okay. I'm all caught up now." I say grabbing a cupcake to eat.

"How was school kiddo?" Colton asks me.

"It was okay. I think I made a mistake doing the photoshoot with Val." I tell him.

"Can you not finish all them please Letty. They are for Nala. Not you." Kinsley says in an annoyed tone I reached for another one.

"Sorry." I smiled at her and take one more and she huffs at my actions.

"Kinny, why don't you go play for a minute while I finish icing these last two cupcakes." Colton said to her.

"Can I take the icing with me?" She asked him.

"Sure." He said and she smiled carrying the last of icing in a small bowl with a spoon in her arms as she slid out to go play for a bit.

"Why do you think you made a mistake? I thought the photos ls came out perfectly. The colours all suit you and you look amazing in all of them, model worthy." He said with a gentle smile and boosting my ego.

I started explaining what happened at school almost only an hour ago. From how I never thought about it that far and my jealousy got the better of me, now I'm worried that people would find out about the relationship.

"Kiddo. You were offered a job right?" He says after a moment of silence passed us.

"It was my stupid jealousy towards Zara. I hated that they had history and I didn't want her to do it again. I was foolishly jealous." I sighed.

"You were paid, it was a job, right?" Colton said again.

"I guess." I said to him.

"Problem solved. If anyone suspects anything, it was a job." He shrugged his shoulders "I see how happy Valentina makes you Letty, I'm going to help you protect your happiness. And with that said, there's only so much I can do, so the rest is up to the two of you. You have to work harder at keeping it hidden until you graduate." He said finishing off the last cupcake.