Seven

Collette's POV

It's Friday, thank god, and school has ended. I asked Colton about going over to Zoë's for the weekend and he said he was okay with it. He told me he's got Kinsley and Is more than happy to look after her for the weekend.

So thankfully that was settled.

I didn't drive to school this morning and instead just had Birdie come pick me up. The whole way she kept talking about how grateful she is that her dad was able to get her transferred out of Mr Pats class and now she had Miss Fairbourne.

Once the day finally came to an end we waited for Zoë out front since her lesson finishes one hour later than ours, she has environmental sciences while me and Birdie have AP gov last class on a Friday.

We had English but most of that lesson was us going over the new book we are supposed to start, the odyssey. So now not only can I say that in English she's strict but her classes are also boring.

After Zoë got out we all walked together to their cars and I rode with Zoë this time. I had aux privileges so I played some of our favourites, artist like Jhené Aiko to the Weeknd for the short twenty minutes drive we had.

"Damn you have to send me the playlist because all the songs are all top tier." Zoë said with a laugh as we parked in her driveway and got out of her car.

Like I've said before, this is the Hamptons and almost everyone here has massive houses. Almost mansion like but not quite.

Zoë's house is big. On the outside it's got off white walls and black detailing all around, and a black tiled roof with matching house numbers, door colour and garage doors.

On the inside it was cozy and brought a sense of comfort.

Despite being no where near any kind of farm area and nearer to the beach, you would assume her house to have more reflective colours but it has a rustic vibe all around.

She has wooden tiles and cherry wood accents all around. It almost resembled the look of a farm house. Out the back the house has a stone like walls and accents all on her back yard deck with a pool at the bottom.

I love her house, it's cozy and welcoming.

We all walked in and said hello to her dad and he seemed to be truly delighted to see us all. Zoë went round to go give him a hug like it was the most normal thing.

I suppose to her it is.

One thing I envied about many of the people around me was their ability to trust the adults around them.

I hated that it was something I felt so incapable of.

Why did it all have to come to them so easily when I found it so hard.

"Hm okay, I was thinking we can go out and abuse the sun while it's still balls hot outside." Zoë said.

"I agree. We can tan, before winter officially starts." Birdie said as she sat on Zoë's bed.

"Yeah I agree." I said along with them.

"Okay. Bathing suits?" Zoë asked us all and we all nodded.