Thirty-three

Valentina's POV

Stella is back and I decided to go by her house along with Vivian.

I've been having a shit week.

Collette decided that because I'm the vice principal now, we couldn't continue whatever we were even if I had other plans.

I just agreed and kept my head down because she seemed like she had already made up her mind.

I buried myself in working and planning ahead instead of dwelling on the fact that Collette and I wouldn't be anything anymore.

For the last three hours or so I've been catching Stella up on everything while she more flapjacks for the twins. 

"There's nothing much you can do Val, I mean if she seemed sure then she probably is." Stella said.

"Yeah. It's fine. I'll move past it. I had this whole plan Stella, for today. But here I am. And she's off somewhere. I won't dwell."

"I agree with Stella you know. And you shouldn't dwell." Vivian added.

"Did you not just hear me say I wasn't going to dwell on it." I snapped at Vivian.

"I heard you but you're dwelling. You had serious feelings Val. And before you say anything, you wouldn't have snapped if you really meant it." Vivian said.

"Okay whatever. I'm not dwelling." I said picking up a small square of the flapjacks Stella had made.

"Hello?" We all turned our head towards the sound of the voice.

"Ohh flapjacks." Quinn said as she walked into the kitchen with Zoë.

I was stunned but hid it.

"Touch another one, any of you. And beat you all. My kids are ill and you're eating the only thing they'll eat." Stella scolded all of us but I couldn't care because I was focused on Zoë, who seemed to have the same look on her face.

"Okay, this is Zoë guys. The girl I said I was going out with tonight."

"Hi Zoë." They all said in a monotone while I remained silent.

"Also I saw Letty. On our date, she was some girl. Ally I think she was." Quinn said.

"Okay, I'm not dwelling." I turned around ignoring them both.

"So Zoë, how old are you?" Vivian asked.

"I'm 19 in a few weeks." She answered meekly.

"Oh okay, only a couple years younger. Three." Vivian said. I continued to ignore them.

"Vivian please help me carry these upstairs to the girls." Stella asked while Vivian followed along after her and helped, I stayed down basically ignoring Zoë and Quinn's presence.

"I'm gonna go to toilet quickly, Val please, please be nice." Quinn pleaded I waved her off and she left so I was just me and Zoë now.

The room was quiet. A pin dropping could've been heard. That was until Zoë spoke up.

"I didn't know you'd be here. I didn't even know you were her friend. I wouldn't have come otherwise." Zoë said meekly.