Two

The next morning I was so tired. I didn't get very much sleep last night. But I still have to power through the day and just get it over and done with.

I woke up at six thirty this morning raided my wardrobe for a first day of school outfit, a task I probably should have completed yesterday.

I chose a pair of blue flared jeans and a white crop top with a rounded neckline. I also added a simple blue zip up for comfortability and my pair of black converse.

Once I had chosen it I laid it on my made bed and headed into my bathroom to do my skincare and brush my teeth.

Once I finished I put on my clothes and did my make up and hair. I went with a 'no makeup' makeup look and put my hair into a low pony securing it with a blue hair tie.

I was finally ready.

Next I had to get Kinsley ready. Waking her up was the hardest bit.

"Kinsley, wake up." I whispered softly as I turned her big light on and opening her curtains.

"No. I'm tired." She said groaning.

"See i told you you'd be tired if you stayed up later. But it's your first day of first grade so wake up." Her ears perked up at the mention of school and she immediately woke up and got to work on what she wanted to wear.

We decided she'd wear a pink overalls dress with a white frilly top on the inside with a pair of white air forces. She asked for her hair to be in a ponytail with a plait so that what I did for her hair.

Once we were both ready we headed downstairs, where my dad was already. I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen to start making Kinsley a lunch.

"Daddy!" Kinsley exclaimed happily.

"Hi sweetie, you look so pretty for your first day." He said proudly picking her up.

"Thank you, Letty did my hair do you like it." She asked whipping her hair around.

"It's beautiful." He said looking at me and I just hummed in response as I finished putting together Kinsley's cheese sandwiches.

"Kinny why don't you go sit down and Letty will bring you some breakfast in a few okay? Lucky charms?" He asks, the small blonde raising an eyebrow.

"Lucky charms." She says nodding her head before heading over to the table.

"Collette, I'm sorry." My dad says to me but I don't look up to meet his eyes.

"I know." I whisper back to him zipping up the 6 year olds lunch bag and filling up our water bottles .

"Work was too much yesterday and I drank again but I'm not doing it as often, I'm getting better I swear." I still didn't meet his gaze and just hummed.

"I'm sorry Collette, you just look so much like her. And I miss her." He says with a sigh.

I can hear small cereal pieces hitting the bowl, he's making Kinsley cereal.

"I miss her too but I don't use that as an excuse to do things." I say finally meeting his stare.

"Collette, I'm sorry, I really am trying. Work just gets hard sometimes and..."

"I know." I whisper as I pour some coffee for myself.

"I'm sorry." He says

"I know." I say picking up my sister's bowl and walking to the table. Her eyes light up at the sight of the sugary cereal in front of her.

He said he's sorry. Yet he still did it. He promised he's getting better and it won't happen again. Yet he still went through with his actions even though he said the opposite.