Chapter 16: Onwards to Hamunaptra

I finally came back from my trip to get the artifacts I needed and now in the arms of both Wednesday and Enid. Let's recount the gains we got on this away trip. The first one to be claimed was the Pool of Eternal Life as well as the whole of Shangri-La. The mystical energies of Shangri-La had enriched the land and waters in the Shadow World. The vegetation and water are easily maintained along with the water from the Pool of Eternal Life. The vitality stored in the pool is enough to keep the land in the Shadow World alive as it has the added effect of increasing the maturity of plants and herbs in what takes a year to grow, only takes a month inside. So any crops or special seeds I can plant in the future will be planted inside by the Pool of Eternal Life.

The next one to be claimed was the Bracelet of Anubis along with its army. Another added bonus would be the inclusion of "Anubis," now named Netocris as well as a new Shadow General for the Shadow Medjay; the Scorpion King Mathayus. The whole of Ahm Shere as well as its jungle and its inhabitants under the control of Netocris further enriched the growing land as it connected to Shangri-La. With natural defenders like the pygmies protecting the lands, they can be trained to plant and water the crops when we start developing a part of the land for food. It is good to be self-sufficient in case food is not easily-accessible in areas devoid of the living. Any apocalyptic world would be a huge boon to trade for and develop as fresh food and water is a must.

The next boon would be Shadow Assassin Anet, formerly Princess Ahmanet. The leftover curse energy surrounding the sarcophagus of Princess Ahmanet was sent to restore half of Netocris' damaged soul. I'm starting to feel whether including Anet was a good or bad idea as her personality leaned towards the extreme side. Always a staunch supporter of my rule but easily jealous of any that would take my presence away from her due to her previous love for the Evil God Set. The only one missing would be the Dagger of Set but I can always take that away when we go to England with the O'Connell's after the incoming plot starts.

That night I came home, both Wednesday and Enid cried themselves to sleep as I held them in my arms. I stroked their tears away before petting their heads as they slowly calmed down and slept as the exhaustion overwhelmed them. I used Ruler's Authority to put the food and drinks away along with turning off the TV and lights. I laid down with the two girls clinging to me and went to sleep.

Little did I know, Nitocris was watching everything that transpired and whispered, "A truly kind king."

Morning came as the gentle light of the sun had glistened the bed. I opened my eyes as the familiar ceiling filled my vision. My arms were somewhat numb from the two girls but I enjoyed every bit of it. I slowly got up and quietly made some breakfast for the girls.

Nitocris came out of the Shadow World before saying, "Are they your wives? They seem very attached to you?"

I continued to cook while I answered, "Not yet. But we might as well be as they are my lovers and companions that travelled with me. It is my duty as their man to protect and guide them to their future."