Chapter 13: Into the Mummy World

A bustling city can be seen as merchants, peddlers, tourists, explorers, and soldiers are walking about under the scorching sun. Tall palm trees can be seen around the city as it provides the much needed shade for the city's inhabitants. The river Nile was filled with various sizes of boats being used for transport or for fishing. This city is known to be the capital of Egypt — the city of Cairo.

 This city is known to be the capital of Egypt — the city of Cairo

In a secluded part of the city, a blue portal suddenly appeared. It expanded before stabilising the surrounding space. A foot suddenly stepped out before a few more steps revealed a man with two ladies in modern attire appeared. As they all stepped out, the blue portal behind them closed as if it never existed. These are Y/N, Wednesday, and Enid along with Thing.

Enid complained, "It's soooo hot!! We gotta change into some cooler clothes

Enid complained, "It's soooo hot!! We gotta change into some cooler clothes."

Wednesday agreed, "Indeed, our attire is not very conductive in this heat. Perhaps some stores here will provide a solution."

I looked around and noticed the pyramid ahead and said, "It looks like we're in Egypt. See the pyramid in the distance. I have an idea what world we are in but I have to make sure. I'll have the Shadow Knights as well as the birds to scout the city. If my guess is correct, we will earn a lot here in terms of magic and wealth."

Wednesday and Enid were visibly excited hearing that. A whole new world and new possibilities excited them to no end. They were wondering what would happen in this new world.

I took out a backpack and shuttled around the city with Wednesday and Enid to find a place to exchange gold for some British pounds. From the looks of the British soldiers stationed around the city, Cairo is still a colony under British rule. This narrows down the time period from 1882 to 1952 and increases the certainty of what world we are in.

Wednesday and Enid were taking the sights as they had never left the United States back in their world and coming to Egypt was a new experience for them. The heat, the people, the weird smells, and the tourist attractions were an absolute joy to them. Though they wish they could change into something cooler so they could acclimate to the weather here.