Chapter 14: Journey to the East

It has been a week since officially meeting Evelyn at the Cairo Museum of Antiquities. The girls had been slowly getting close with Evelyn to either study hieroglyphics or learn more about Ancient Egypt. I also joined in from time to time to learn but it was only to refresh the memories I delved in those mummified Egyptian soldiers after I resurrected them and added them to Wednesday and Enid's protection crew alongside the previous Shadow Knights guarding them. Our presence also helped Dr. Bey kept a positive outlook with Evelyn as we kept her out of trouble and hoped we kept visiting. I only kept our meetings as acquaintances as Dr. Bey has many tasks such as being the curator as well as Medjay in the dark.

From the memories I have uncovered revealed the location of the Bracelet of Anubis in the ruins of Thebes as well as the location of Hamunaptra but I'll be leaving those locations till a year later when we meet O'Connell. Funny enough that one of those resurrected Egyptian soldiers is related to the surviving Medjay today. Perhaps he would like to see his descendants later when we encounter them on the way to Hamunaptra. Since I inherited the memories of those mummified soldiers made me immediately understand ancient hieroglyphics and became somewhat fluent in the Egyptian language. Too bad it is already a dead language and most Egyptians today speak Arabic.

There's still plenty of time before the start of the plot so I plan on going to the Himalayas to find the Pool of Eternal Life and incorporate it as well as Shangri-La enriching the Shadow Storage and slowly transform it into a complete world of my own. The rich vitality from the pool and lush jungles of Shangri-La will breathe life into it. Many creatures already living in Shangri-La supplement the need for life to grow. The Yetis can also be brought along as well as the icy peak of the Himalayan mountains. There is also the question of the mother-daughter "immortals" that resides by the pool. I only say there were "immortals" because the pool itself does not give them eternal life but extreme amounts of vitality. If anything I can only compare it to those red potions I see in many games I played before I started my journey. If anything I will ask them to leave and they can still live for a few more thousand years with the amount they ingested from the pool or I can take them in so they could take care of the growing world inside for the future.

Now with a plan in mind and a journey ahead, I head to the library where Wednesday, Enid, and Evelyn are residing at this moment. When I had gotten inside, I saw Enid holding a gold necklace from the exhibit next door while Wednesday was reading a book with Evelyn assisting on the side. Wednesday felt my gaze and looked up before standing up and held me with her head buried in my chest.

I briefly looked shocked before asking, "You already saw something, did you Mi Cuervo?"

Wednesday stayed silent before nodding weakly. I only held her tighter as far as I know, Wednesday is more spiritually attached as her emotions don't have much of an outlet besides the pain of others and her relationship with me and Enid. I stroked Wednesday's back slowly calming her down while Enid and Evelyn saw Wednesday's situation. Enid approached us before I gave Enid an assuring look. Enid nodded and gave the two space. Enid knows how dependent Wednesday could be as her psychic power increases so does her emotional outbursts. It happened once when we were all sleeping back in their old world where the furniture started floating around before it came crashing down. According to Goody, her already strong talent is being boosted by my presence.