Chapter 11: Dealing with the Past

In the dark reaches of my mind, a dream was being molded. In this dream, I was walking towards the vast reaches of the void. Silence filled the surrounding as no sound could penetrate. Every second felt like a year passed by as time was irrelevant. What felt like eternity was finally coming to an end as a throne appeared in front. I came to the throne and as I sat in, memories from a long-forgotten time flooded my mind as it showed various worlds as well as abilities. The amount of information was too much all at once so I could only seal them for the time being and slowly sort out the new memories before unlocking the seals. When the sealing was complete, light appeared and covered the entire dream world. I woke up to the gentle sunlight touching my face.

"What a weird dream," I thought but before I could think, new memories flooded my mind

"What a weird dream," I thought but before I could think, new memories flooded my mind. There were times in the memories where I was tinkering with gadgets while the other was modifying equipment as well as inscribing runes.

"These new memories seem to be related to alchemy and enchantment. It felt like I've been making those items myself countless times in a different life. This will be a handy skill to have for the future," I said to myself. Hopefully these new skills will have a chance to bloom in other worlds.

Seeing as the day started, I should get up but my girls are holding me too tightly. Wednesday was wearing my shirt as it just barely covers her petite figure and sleeping towards my left. Enid was wearing a white t-shirt and short shorts as her leg was hanging over mine. I'm contemplating whether to enjoy this sandwich or Shadow Exchange out to start my day. After deliberating for a while, I resigned to my fate and let the two wake up on their own. I saw Thing on Enid's bed reading a magazine. Probably for a hand moisturizer or nail buffer.

Time passed by quickly as a couple hours went by, the two girls started stirring in their sleep while I was awaiting for their awakening. As they both got up, I was rubbing their backs to wake them gently. They looked at me before holding me again as if they never held me all night long. I got up myself and opened the balcony door to let in some fresh air.

Today's the day when everything will come to an end. Laurel Gates and Joseph Crackstone will cease to exist after the end of today. I should start preparing for their inevitable demise. I told Wednesday and Enid my intentions and asked them to be ready for tonight. They nodded and mentally prepared themselves. I left the room by myself and walked straight to Principal Weem's office. Even though Weems told me I didn't need to report to her, I figured she could come up with a suitable story for Laurel's disappearance.

I knocked and went inside Principal Weem's room and shut it behind me. Principal Weems seemed surprised seeing me as she remembered her telling me to no longer report. Curiosity filled her mind as she was directly face-to-face with me.

I explained, "Good morning Principal Weems. I believe you might be wondering why I am here today. I'm only here to inform you that Joseph Crackstone will be resurrected tonight."