Chapter 10: Confrontations

A few weeks had passed since the memorable Rave'n dance. Wednesday, Enid, and I had grown closer than before due to revealing multiversal travel. Life in Nevermore resumed to its previous ways as the students went about their business. I knew that the blood full moon is beginning soon as well as Wednesday's birthday on November 13th. Perhaps letting her participate in vanquishing Joseph Crackstone will be the best birthday present for her. With a plan in mind, I prepare for the inevitable conclusion to this farce that has lasted since I came to Nevermore. But before all that, I have to pay a certain artist for the transgressions he committed. No one can perverse Wednesday that way...ever.

I made an excuse to Wednesday and Enid that I would be heading to town to grab some supplies and meet with the mayor and the sheriff about the evidence that was found before at the Gates Manor. The girls didn't mind at all and just focused on their own things such as Wednesday's writing time and updating Enid's blog. I gave them kisses on their cheeks before I left and Shadow Exchanged as soon as I closed the door.

My eyes shifted to an indifferent look and said, "Time to have a talk with our "tortured" artist

My eyes shifted to an indifferent look and said, "Time to have a talk with our "tortured" artist." With that said in mind, I relayed the order to the Shadow Knights keeping watch of Xavier.

"My King, Xavier is currently in his art studio painting another picture of Wednesday," as a Shadow Knight relayed back.

As soon as I heard the reply, my anger became more turbulent but I quickly restrained it. I will be unleashing all of that repressed anger when I meet Xavier.

"Let's hope Xavier will be stubborn about our conversation," I said as negative thoughts filled my mind.

I walked towards the forest where Xavier is held up at. It didn't take long for me to arrive at the art shack. I see that lights are on and music playing which means Xavier is still inside. I called upon the Shadow Knights to keep anyone away from the vicinity. The Shadow Knights have gathered around the art shack as well nearby trees making sure no one can disturb their king.

I walked up to the door and entered the art shack. Xavier was still concentrating on painting as he didn't notice me entering. The music blaring didn't help his case until I reached over the speaker before turning it off.

Startled, the music suddenly stopped, Xavier turned around to see my hand on the speaker. Before Xavier could say anything, I just looked at him with calm yet unsettling eyes like a volcano ready to erupt. All that could escape Xavier's mouth was, "Why are you here?"

 All that could escape Xavier's mouth was, "Why are you here?"