Chapter 8: Family Interactions

As my consciousness began to surface from the deepest part of my slumber, I became aware of the gentle light casting its pattern on the walls of the room. The sounds of the birds chirping and the sound of the morning breeze graced my body as it signalled a new day. The warmth of the blanket covering our bodies brought warmth and comfortability. I slowly opened my eyes looking up at the ceiling. It's a Sunday so most of the students stayed in their beds longer and that includes the two ladies with me. I slowly got up and quietly left the bed without waking them up. After last night's ordeal, they won't be getting up till later. With that thought, I proceeded to clean up the mess yesterday and picked up the clothes on the floor. I put them aside and had a couple of Shadow Knights mop up the floor. While they were moping, I hopped in the shower and cleaned up refreshed. By the time I finished, the floor had been cleaned up.

I headed to the cafeteria after Shadow Exchanging there. I asked the cooks if I could use the kitchen to make some food. The cooks agreed and were happy to see a student take up some cooking. After thirty minutes, I made three batches of an apple risotto with two slices of bacon, three batches of souffle omelettes and three glasses of orange juice. The cooks were amazed with the amount of skill they saw when I was cooking. They complimented that I could start a restaurant with the quality of food I made as well as the skills I performed. I thanked them and smiled telling them I would think about it. I then packed the breakfasts away and stored them in my Shadow Storage as time is static inside so it will come out the same as the time I put the food in. I bid the cooks farewell and left the kitchen.

I walked to a corner before Shadow Exchanging back to Wednesday and Enid's room. Seeing as the girls are still sleeping, I took out a chair and sat down with a book in hand as the sunlight enveloping my being. Despite being the master of Shadows and the Dead, I still enjoy the gentle light. Perhaps the reason for that enjoyment was because the core of Ashborn's power when he was a Ruler was the Light before he fell to the Shadows. Either way, it's a very comfortable morning.

After a couple of hours later, both girls started to stir from their sleep

After a couple of hours later, both girls started to stir from their sleep. Slowly but surely, they opened their eyes in confusion wondering why they were in the same bed together. Wednesday and Enid looked around in a half-asleep expression till they saw Y/N reading a book with a tranquil atmosphere surrounding him.

Noticing the girls' gaze, I looked up and greeted them with a smile, "Did you sleep well, my loves?"

As if struck by lightning, they both recalled what happened last night and in great detail. They panicked and ran towards the bathroom and started cleaning up and showered while I chuckled at their actions. I returned to my book waiting for them to finish their morning routine.

Half an hour passed by, and both Wednesday and Enid came out of the bathroom in casual clothes with red faces. Most likely still thinking about what had happened last night. Smiling, I closed my book and stood up and walked towards them. I looked them in the face and gently touched their cheeks and said, "Did you enjoy your reward last night?"