Chapter 6: The Confirmed Suspect

Today is the day students get to go to Jericho in mass. Today is Outreach Day. The students were told to gather in the quad to receive their volunteer job duties for Outreach Day. Naturally they were also told the rules and be on their best behavior while staying in Jericho. And with that explanation, the students were given their assignments and moved towards the shuttle buses to begin their journey to Jericho.

I also received my job duties and told to see Principal Weems before heading to Jericho. I looked where I'll be volunteering and it's the Weathervane. I thought, "Perfect." I went towards the principal's office and knocked on the door before entering. Principal Weems looked up at me and told me to take a seat. She asked, "How goes the investigation? Any new leads or developments?"

I replied, "Not much. I still need to confirm Tyler's involvement later when we get to Jericho as well if he is that "creature" I fought off that night. Also I assume that you know about Wednesday's visions, correct? It seems like she's involved with Joseph Crackstone in a portrait that was drawn by Rowan's mother when she was still a student here. I don't know what it means but I'll keep digging with Wednesday."

Principal Weems is in thought from the information provided by Y/N. After digesting the information, she told me to keep investigating and be careful with Tyler as he is the sheriff's son and having any altercation with the sheriff means we'll have less support from them when the situation turns south.

Principal Weems declared, "I also took the liberty of assigning you to play a piece for us." I widened my eyes and was about to speak when she continued, "After all, your skills with the piano are very well received here in Nevermore. I was going to recommend Ms. Addams but I believe she'll cause the school trouble so I could only rely on you to promote the school in a positive way."

I was dumbfounded but I just took a long breath and sighed, "Alright, I'll perform for you but do allow me to perform some investigation at night

I was dumbfounded but I just took a long breath and sighed, "Alright, I'll perform for you but do allow me to perform some investigation at night. I don't believe the culprit would move during the day." Principal Weems agreed to my request and told me I could leave and meet up with the rest of the students.

I walked towards the shuttle buses and met up with Enid. We found a seat together and chatted while waiting for the bus to fill up. Enid was super excited to go to Pilgrim World as it was the same destination Wednesday was assigned too. Enid also expressed to me that the boat was ready and with some advice from Wednesday, the boat was armed with some defenses in case Bianca or the other teams tried to do something to them. After a while, I saw Wednesday get on the bus. She looked around before finding me and Enid sitting in the far back of the shuttle. She came over to us and was a little more reserved than usual. Wednesday sat to the left of me while Enid was sitting to my right.

I thought to myself, "She must still be thinking of what happened last night when I left her there." Chuckling from the thought, I told the girls I'll be napping for a bit and to wake him up when they arrive at Jericho. They both nodded and saw that I closed my eyes and finally drifted to sleep. While I was sleeping, both girls looked at each other and nodded and slowly held my hands. Feeling the warmth from Y/N put them at ease and enjoyed the silence and peaceful atmosphere between the three of them.