Chapter 3: The Investigation

After grabbing my black fencing gear, I start to head towards class. As soon as I arrive, I see some people starting their mock battles. I calmly walked and looked for an available opponent to see who can give me a warm-up for later. I see a boy talking to the teacher about some tips on fencing. He feels like he's about to fall over from the amount of anxiety I see from his face.

Y/N smirks, "Looks like I found my first target pract- err I mean partner

Y/N smirks, "Looks like I found my first target pract- err I mean partner." I approached the two who were having a conversation and asked, "Hey teach, mind if I borrow him for some practice?" The teacher looks over and looks at the anxious boy, "There you go Rowan. You can practice with Y/N and try to apply what we discussed." Rowan looked at Y/N and asked, "Try to go easy on me. I'm still a little new to all this." I nodded and assumed a fencing stance as did Rowan. We went practicing back-to-back enough for Rowan to feel a bit comfortable with fencing. I finished the practice and thanked Rowan for a good match. Rowan reciprocates the gesture shakingly.

I shook my head and thought, "Seems like he's still very anxious, even after all that."

After the class ended, there were no more classes for the day. The remaining free time was used to check up on Enid, Wednesday, and Eugene before I head out tonight at the cave. Knowing that everyone is doing all right, although Wednesday is a bit ticked off by Enid's enthusiasm. I believe they'll get along nicely with one being hyper positive and the other obscurely negative.

Night has arrived and my time to investigate that cave starts. I called upon Igris and the Shadow Knights to point out the location of the cave while they scout ahead for any unforeseen development. Thankfully, there were no surprises on the way there.

 As I arrived at the cave, I sensed some lingering resentment inside

As I arrived at the cave, I sensed some lingering resentment inside. Perhaps from some innocent victim that passed away or from something else. As I walk inside the cave, it is littered with claw marks no ordinary animals could make. There's a chain cuff linking to the cave wall, possibly from whatever this "thing" is. I notice a remnant of a claw lodged in the cave wall where the cuffs were at. I grabbed it and took it out.

Y/N murmurs, "I can't pull the shadow from this, so whoever this belongs to should still be alive."

As I stroked my chin thinking what to do next, the knights informed me that police were coming close to their location. From what the chatter the knights heard, they seem to be looking for suspects or evidence from a massacred hiker. I told the Shadow Knights to keep watch over the cave as whatever "it" is may show up again and to inform me if there's any new development.