34. The Sunrise With You

Inline comments are love!

Happy Reading!

Zayn's P.O.V.

As we both caught our breath and slowly drew apart, our eyes remained locked, unwilling to break the connection.

I watched as she brushed aside the strands of hair that had obstructed our view. A smile played on my lips as I noticed her cheeks tinged with a soft blush.

Just as I was about to tease her, my gaze drifted down to her knees, and what I saw shocked me to the core.

Blood. Shit!

She had a cut on her knees and blood oozing out of it.

My heart raced, and all I could think about was making sure she was okay.

But I couldn’t let her see it. I remembered the last time how she had reacted after seeing the blood on her finger. That day, she was terrified and my heart ached seeing that expression on her face. It broke me.

“What happened?” Her words brought me back to the earth and immediately looked up at her face, and before she could look down, I immediately picked her up in my arms. “Let’s go to the room. You need rest.”

She stared at me, startled. “Huh? Rest? What happened to me?” She asked, confused.

“Nothing, you shush!”

“Oh god, but I can walk. At least put me down.”

“Keep quiet.” I deliberately glared at her, but soon a smile came to my lips as I saw her reaction. She innocently moved her eyelashes down, fidgeting with my shirt collar.

As I walked towards my suite, she kept playing with the collar.

But soon realisation drew me. What if she did not like it? What if she thinks of something else?

No, I had to clear it with her that my intentions were not wrong.

“Your eyes are looking drowsy. That’s why I’m taking you with me,” I clarified, still walking, looking straight, but I could feel her gaze locked on me.

“I trust you. So, you don’t have to clarify your act.” Her soft voice came, making my eyes automatically lock with hers. I smiled, nodding my head at her, but deep down in my heart, I was doing all somersaults. She trusted me. It made me feel proud and happy on another level.

I led her to my suite, and we didn’t talk, but there was a peaceful silence around us. She just kept staring at me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

“Don’t look at me like that, Sunshine,” I warned her as I carried her to my room. She had no idea what she was doing to me.

“Why?”

“Because if you continue to stare at me like this, I won't be able to control myself from swelling your lips more.” A red hue appeared on her face, listening to my words, and she hid her face in my chest, causing me to chuckle.