28. Final Goodbye

Inline comments are love!

Happy Reading!

Over seventeen hours had passed since I last saw Myra

Over seventeen hours had passed since I last saw Myra. From the moment she ran out of the room in the morning until now the next morning, all I did was think about her.

Yesterday, I was about to go to meet her when she left, but her friend Roshini’s words made me realise I had to give Myra some space. When she mentioned that Myra was also broken, I felt even more guilty for her condition. Only I knew how much strength it took me to not meet her and give her space.

So much had happened between us from the moment I was back. Her getting held by my men, they torturing her, her hopeful eyes, her getting hurt by me but still forgiving me, we sharing our first kiss, and somewhere we both were getting to know that something was going on between us which was beyond words. Unknowingly, we accepted it, but then life took a different turn, and that happened which wasn’t supposed to. She witnessed me shooting that guy, and without further talk, she ran away from me.

I wanted to talk to her about everything, but she didn’t even think twice before running. I knew she was broken and hurt, but even after knowing all this throughout the day, and having hope, I waited for her, but she didn’t come.

Throughout the night, her scared face kept flashing in front of my eyes. I couldn’t shake the image of her trembling figure from my mind. The expression in her eyes was truly frightening.

Sleeping without pills at night had already been impossible for me. Yes, after my childhood trauma, I had started taking sleeping pills, but yesterday I couldn’t even gather enough strength in my body to take those pills.

And this thought made me realise that when she gave me a head massage when I had a headache, that day I slept without pills.

She’s indeed an angel, and what did I do to her? I was scared her.

“Because I know you’re not a monster.”

“You’re a criminal. You’re a monster.”