32. He's back

Inline comments are love!

Happy Reading!

Zayn's P.O.V

In the evening, we landed in India and headed straight to the manager's office. My only desire was to catch a glimpse of my sunshine. It had been two weeks since I had last seen her, and every moment without her had felt suffocating.

“Where is Myra?” I inquired directly without caring what he would think.

“She is attending to guests in the party hall,” he responded immediately, but I could clearly see him taken aback for a moment upon seeing my presence.

Upon hearing him, without giving his reaction a second thought, I wasted no time and immediately made my way to the party hall to find Myra. Meanwhile, Kabir stayed behind to converse with the manager, wanting to catch up with his girlfriend.

As I impatiently waited for the lift to open, I couldn't understand what was happening to me. I had never felt this impatient before, but this girl was bringing out different sides of me. Somewhere down the line, I felt frustrated because of the way I was behaving. It seemed like she had wrapped me around her finger.

She pushed me away, and I left. Those two weeks were all I thought about her, but at the same time, I decided to have a grip on my emotions. Yet, as soon as I learned she needed me, that she was ready to give me a chance, I dropped everything and came here.

Even though my mind was saying I was going crazy, my body ignored those thoughts.

As I entered the party hall, my blood boiled, witnessing the sight in front of my eyes.

***

Myra’s P.O.V.

“Myra, what are you doing here?” Roshini’s voice snapped me out of my trance. 

“I’m just—” I struggled to find the right words, knowing that she already knew why I was here and whatever I said wouldn’t make a difference. 

“Kabir was on a mission, Myra, but I talked to him last night. He promised me he would talk to Zayn sir about it. Don’t take stress please,” she requested, placing her hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes, unsure of how to respond. 

I had held onto the hope that he would come back. It may sound foolish, but my heart insisted that he would return. I knew I might be sounding hypocritical, but that was the truth. I knew I had asked him to leave and never return, but I was waiting for him. 

Every day, I stood in front of the door to his room, the VIP room of the hotel that he owned. I hoped to catch a glimpse of him, to feel his presence, even if it was just for a moment. 

The memories of our time together flooded my mind. I knew they were short but still so priceless—our little talks, our staring sessions, our kisses. But each day, disappointment engulfed me as I left without a sign of him. 

I suddenly felt a wave of regret when I replayed the moment when I asked him to leave and never return. It was a decision made in anger and hurt, or should I say in vulnerability, because my past got triggered, but I deeply regretted it. If only I could turn back time, I would take back those words and never let him go. But the anger and fear had made it hard for me to think clearly. I pushed him away when all I wanted was for him to stay. 

I was fully aware my actions were foolish. There was nothing between us that warranted this waiting, but my feet still betrayed me every day, leading me back to this spot. There was nothing between us, yet my eyes displayed a longing for something more. It was as if my heart refused to let go, clinging onto the hope that he would return, that we could find a way back to each other. 

But I was the one who asked him to leave, so why would he return for me? This thought crossed my mind countless times, but I ignored it. I just couldn’t think practically. 

My heart continued to wait for him without seeking my permission. There was something in his eyes and his presence that made me feel different. The way he looked at me, with a mix of tenderness and desire, made me feel incredible. But now, I was left with only memories and the ache of his absence. 

I took a deep breath and turned towards Roshini, tears welling up in my eyes. “I think I should go.”