22. Lower your gun!

Inline comments are love!

Happy Reading!

Zayn and I were heading towards his room, both of us seething with anger towards the culprit who had dared to steal the file

Zayn was striding ahead, his steps quickened by his fury, and I hurried to keep pace with him, but out of nowhere, someone yanked me into a corner, leaving me completely shocked.

Then, my eyes fell on a person standing in front of me with a smiling face.

It was Roshini.

"You're here? Damn. Was the whole 24 hours of no chatting and calling just an act? You came all this way for me?" She exclaimed, her smile widening, catching me off guard.

I opened my mouth to explain that her assumptions were incorrect, but she didn't let me speak.

"Was I so irresistible that you couldn't resist?" She teased, raising an eyebrow as she flashed a mischievous grin.

"Rosh-"

Before I could finish my sentence, she pressed her lips against mine, pulling me closer by my collar, leaving me stunned.

I forgot everything as I responded to the kiss, gripping her waist and pulling her towards me. Oh, how I had missed those soft, delicious lips, like rose petals.

After devouring each other's lips as if we had been craving it our entire lives, we finally pulled apart, both of us panting for breath.

"I'm happy you're back, but it seems there's some commotion in the hotel. The manager has called all staff members to the lobby, and I'll have to go there, Mr. Mafia." She traced her finger from my cheekbone to my jawline.

"No, wait. You didn't come for me. You came for whatever is happening in the hotel, right? Not for me." I attempted to speak, but she didn't let me. "I was foolish to think you came to see me all the way from Russia." She sounded disheartened, and I didn't like the tone of her voice.