05. Who was she?

Inline comments are love!

Happy Reading!

We pressed the lift button, eagerly waiting for it to arrive and take us down

Boy, oh boy, we had been walking in these heels all morning, and the idea of trekking down 15 floors was definitely not appealing. It was a daunting task; I tell you!

My poor feet were screaming in agony, and all I wanted was to reach the ground floor, retreat to my room, and slip into some cosy clothes. Ahh, the mere thought of that comfort made me close my eyes and let out a moan of relief.

These heels were seriously killing me!

As the lift doors opened, my curiosity sparked. I had expected an empty lift, but to my surprise, five women stepped out. They were dressed up like, umm... I know I shouldn't judge someone by their outfits, but their outfits are slightly way too on the revealing side. I mean, just a strap is holding their dress and there's nothing hidden? Okay. I should stop it.

But something didn't add up. How did they even get here?

The top two floors were only accessible with a passcode, and only ten of our selected staff members knew it, excluding our manager.

So, how did they come in?

My mind raced with questions until I noticed our manager stepping out of the lift with them.

His back was turned, so I hadn't noticed him earlier.

He glanced at us and simply said, "Done with work?" Roshini and I both nodded in response. He nodded back and walked away with the women, leaving us with even more questions.

"What was that?" I murmured as soon as we got inside the lift.

"A gift," Roshini replied, pressing the button for the ground floor.