You Have Me

Once we were done eating Mausam and Nimek went to the kitchen leaving me and Alan alone.

"So you really have a boyfriend then?" he questioned.

I looked at him. Some kind of darkness surrounded his eyes. He was wearing a white shirt but it failed to brighten his face as it always did.

"Yes," it came as a bare whisper.

"Good," he whispered.

He was sitting on the right side of me.

There was an awkward silence between us. It bothered me.  His eyes were still piercing my face.

"How have you been?" the question suddenly left my mouth.

"Good," he said.

I looked at him. He looked straight at my face.

I sighed.

"How is your family?"

He raised a brow.

"Your wife, children,"

He suddenly let out a laugh.

"You should spend more time with Mausam as you will be leaving in a week,"

My heart dropped.

Why would he want to talk about his family with me anyway?

I nodded and got up.

Mausam and Nimek were already done with the dishes. Nimek left while I stayed with Mausam. I opened my eyes to ask about Alan but nothing left my mouth. Then we heard a shatter outside. Mausam was quick to get up from the tool and leave.

"Stay here," she said before leaving.

"I was here waiting and...." The rest of the sound was muffled.

"I was here fucking waiting," he shouted making me flinch.

I had never heard his angry voice. I closed my eyes as a tear slipped from my eye. Why was I hurt to hear his angry voice? Why was he angry in the first place?

Later Mausam came to tell me that Nimek and Alan were having some sort of argument.

"I had never heard or seen him angry,"

"He has gotten grumpier day by day," she smiled. 

"Should I leave?"

She shook her head.

"Of course not,"

We stayed there for some time and then I left towards my room only to hear shouts coming out of Alan's room.

"Bring me that or I will fucking leave," I heard Alan's voice.

"You know you can't have it,"

"I don't care. I fucking don't care. I don't want to do this anymore,"

"You are just angry," Nimek said.

A hand was placed on my shoulder.

"They always argue. Let's get to the bed," she whispered.

I nodded and walked towards the room where I was staying. I was lying on the bed but I couldn't sleep. His face haunted me. I slowly got up and reached my bed when I heard the sound of something shattering downstairs. I couldn't hold it anymore so I went down.

Nimek and Alan were arguing.

"That's enough," Nimek shouted.

Mausam joined me.