Fishy

The buzzing sound of my phone woke me up. It was an alarm. I rubbed my eyes while yawning and got up. It was already 7:30 am. My body was aching due to pain. I slipped out of bed ready to leave the room but suddenly stopped on my track when I saw Alan sleeping on the couch. I forgot he was here. I had left a blanket for him on the couch. He was wrapped in it.

Making sure not to wake him up I walked to the bathroom, freshened up, and left the room. I started preparing breakfast for us in the kitchen. In almost 15 minutes I prepared eggs, tea, and bread. I was thinking of going to wake Alan up when I felt a pair of hands on my waist. He planted a kiss on my shoulder.

"Good morning," he said in a husky voice.

"You are still sleepy," I whispered.

"I am awake now," he turned me to face him and kissed my cheek.

"Freshen up, breakfast is ready,"

"Ok, boss," he saluted me and I laughed.

He left the kitchen and I looked in the fridge to check for groceries. The fridge was empty. I needed to buy groceries. Alan was back in and ate food in silence while glancing at each other.

"Tea is good," he said between the bites.

"Thanks,"

His phone buzzed for a second. He smiled at me and checked his phone. His facial expression changed so suddenly that I wondered who it was.

"I should leave," he said placing the phone on the table.

"But I thought we would eat our lunch together,"

"No, Dakshu. I need to leave. Something came up," he got up and walked towards me. He cupped my cheeks and placed a kiss on my right cheek.

"See you," he whispered before leaving and I couldn't say anything.

I didn't feel like going out to do the grocery shopping. I lay on the bed till it was time to leave my place. Once I reached the building I met Mausam there. We talked for some time and went to our respective floors.

Alan was already inside the office. I could hear him talk on the phone. I was so angry with him that I didn't bother to see him. I looked at the schedule and spent some time looking at the emails and taking calls for him. He had two meetings today. One with Prisma and the other with the company's managers.

My stomach started to make a noise and I drank water to stop it. Alan came out of his office with a smile.

"How busy is the schedule for today?"

"Not that much," I said without looking at him.

He stood in front of me.

"You look tired,"

I shrugged.

"I have brought lunch. Come inside and have it with me,"

Hearing that made me look at him.

"I am hungry," he pouted. 

I sighed, got up, and walked into his office. He followed me.

"Dakshu..."

"Why do you live here?" I turned to look at him.

He was surprised at my question. I raised a burrow when he didn't say a word.

"I like it here. It's my home,"

I sat on his chair folding my legs.

He smiled at that.

"What?"

He shook his head.

"Where are your parents?" I started to shower him with questions.