Little talk

Alan ordered his food and went to sit on his usual seat. Mausam started to whisper and I started to get anxious what if had heard me? He would think I was showing attitude.

"We should leave," I whispered taking a sip of coffee.

Once I was done I slowly turned to look at Alan. He was staring at the coffee in front of him. He didn't have a smile on his face. He had his cap on his head as usual. He was a very simple man. Looking at his face I could say he liked to be clean-shaven.  He seemed to be in deep thought. I wondered what. That was the thing about me I noticed every little detail about anything.

Suddenly, he looked up at me and our eyes met. He tried to smile but failed. Instead, I gave him a big smile and got up from my seat. Mausam did the same. We paid our bills and walked out of the cafe.

Till I reached the office my mind wondered why Alan was sad. I had never seen him without a smile in these past four months and it seemed so weird seeing him serious. I sat on my desk and started to do the work but my mind went back to Alan. I wanted to know what was bothering him.

It was already 4 but Alan wasn't back. He had a meeting in an hour. I didn't have his number either.

"Shit," I muttered getting up and running out of my desk. I took the elevator and once I was on the ground floor I ran out of the building towards the cafe.

I breathed heavily once I was inside. Alan was still there.

"Sir," I said in a heavy voice.

Alan quickly looked at me in surprise.

"Your..." I paused. "meeting,"

Realization hit him and he got up. He quickly paid the bill and nodded at me to walk out. While walking back to the building I told him after the 5 pm meeting he had another meeting at 7 with Nimek, Sagar, and Dorje. Sagar managed the morning shift while Dorje managed the night shift.

"It's today?" He asked.

"Yeah. It was fixed a few minutes ago. They said it was urgent,"

"Oh,"

Once we were in the office he thanked me. He went to his office closet and got dressed up in a suit. It was the first time I saw him in a formal dress. He looked so handsome.

A woman a year or two older than me walked out of the elevator and towards me at exactly 5 pm. She was tall with curls dangling on her shoulders. By looking at her I could say she wasn't a friendly one. I immediately thought she was the CEO but there wasn't any assistant by her side. She was alone.

She raised her brow when she saw me looking at her. She was wearing a kilo of makeup. So much makeup.

"Where's Alan?" Her voice wasn't rude but not friendly either.

"He is inside,"

She didn't say anything and went inside. I wanted to stop her but she didn't wait for a second for me to tell her that I would call Alan and let him know she was here.

I started to panic what if Alan shouted at me? The whole time she was inside I couldn't stay still. At exactly six she came out. Without looking at me, she left. I quickly got up and went inside. Alan was sitting on his chair, his head hanging backwards with his eyes closed.

"Sir," I knocked at the door. He slowly looked at me getting his head up.

"I..."

"Are you free?"

"I am,"

"Will you be able to make coffee for me?" he asked.

Of course, I would. Was that even a question? That's my job.