Fired

Three months went by but the behaviour of the manager didn't change. At times we would see Rishant joining him while Alan didn't come to the office nor did I see him in that cafe anymore.

While walking around the office sometimes I would get to see him but from afar. Today, I came a little bit early. It was 9:30 a.m. and the office room was empty. I went and sat at my desk. All of a sudden I got a call from a customer. I could have ignored the call as it should have transfered to someone on the morning shift. However, I decided to answer it. At first, it was all good, and then she started to shout. I tried to calm her down but she didn't hear a word. She was angry about a phone that she recently bought or something I couldn't understand properly.

"It's a shit," she kept repeating.

"Please calm down," I requested her but all she did was shout and warn me that she would complain to the manager that I wasn't helpful.

Bitch, what am I supposed to do? Cut my head and gift her? My job was to talk to her, know about her problem, and yes if I could, solve it, if not, let my bosses know about it.

"I will let my boss know about it," I told her.

"Who hired you? You are a rude arrogant person," she shouted and hung up.

I stared at my laptop in shock. What the fuck? When was I rude to her? I tried to hear her problem and asked her to calm down. I took out my headphones and placed it on the desk. I looked at it for a while thinking hard if I was rude.

For nearly an hour my mind got disturbed by what happened. Everyone came and started to do work. I answered a few calls after that but the lady's voice rang in my head. My head started to hurt so I walked out of the room. Nimek was right outside the door. He raised a brow as soon as he saw me.

"Coffee," I said.

He heard me but ignored me and went inside. I looked at him not believing he ignored me. Did he think I was asking him to join me? Lol, never.

I quickly took the elevator and went to the ground floor and out of the building. I was walking towards the gate to go to the cafe where I always went when I noticed a small cafe at the far left corner of the building. A guard had coffee in his hand. He was walking towards me.

"We have a cafe here?" I asked.

"Yes," he smiled.

For three months I was unaware of it.

"Was it always here?"

"It was inside the building but a few days ago boss Alan asked them to shift outside,"

"Thank you," I said walking toward it. I went inside and it was nothing like the cafe I always went to. There were a few coffee items with sandwich options and pastries. That's all: no Momo or any other snack. 

I smiled at the guy at the desk.

"Anything you want?" He asked.

"I just found out that we have a cafe here so, was just checking," 

I looked around and decided to have a coffee latte. I chose the window side seat to sit on. I could see the scene of the fountain and flowers that were right outside the cafe. One of the guys in the cafe brought me coffee. My head started to feel light after drinking it I felt better. I was about to finish my coffee when I saw Alan walk inside. Our eyes met and he smiled. I couldn't react right away. I was confused as hell about what to say.

He went and sat in the far corner. I think he liked the corner seat. He was dressed as usual. What I liked about the office was everyone was allowed to dress up casually. It was only on the meeting day everyone wore formal outfits.