Yours

🎶 Heartbeat - Carrie Underwood 🎶

On the last day of our stay in Chitwan I was awake early. Alan was still sleeping on the couch. The scene in front of me was adorable but at the same time sad. It was killing me that he was a traditional kind of person. Anyway I couldn't deny that he was my person. My Alan.

Alan woke up at around 8, half an hour after me. He ordered breakfast and we ate it in peace. While eating his phone would ring continuously making me annoyed. He would whisper sorry and silence the phone. After it silenced the phone started to buzz.

"Why don't you receive it?" I questioned.

"I don't want to talk on the phone while I am with you," he replied with a mouth full of food.

"How cute," I mocked him rolling my eyes.

Once we were done eating Alan left for the business conference. I tried watching TV but I couldn't concentrate on it. I would look at the watch time and again waiting for Alan to be back.

At noon my lunch arrived. I called Alan but he didn't pick it up. I got sad.

"He must be busy," I said eating my food.

He had promised me that on the last day, he would take me somewhere out. I was so excited about it but now I was here alone.

"Why do men lie?" I asked myself looking at the ceiling.

The afternoon went by me sleeping on the bed. I was alone and wasn't in the mood to do anything. So I decided to take a nap. A light knock on the door woke me up. I glared at the door. I was not happy that someone woke me up. Then the thought that Alan might be standing at the door made me get up abruptly. I ran and opened the door only to find a guy standing there with a flower bouquet in his hands.

"Hello, ma'am," he said.

"Hy," I said in a confused tone.

"Are you Dakshina?"

I nodded.

"This is for you ma'am," he handed the flowers over me and left. I opened my mouth to ask him who sent it but he was out of my sight.

I closed the door and smelled it. The flowers were red roses. They were so beautiful. The flowers made my day to be honest. It took me a few seconds to notice the letter that was in the bouquet. It was sealed with a love wax stamp. I already fell in love with it.

I took it out. At first, I hesitated to open it because it felt like a dream that I got a letter. I always wanted a letter. I mustered up the courage and opened it.

My lovely Dakshu,

I am not good with words but I hope you know that I love you the most. A few days ago when you were watching 'The Notebook' I overheard you talk about how you wanted those letters days to be back again. That's when I decided to write this. I won't lie, I practised a little but please don't laugh at my words. Your man isn't perfect you know ( wink ).

I am writing this letter to let you know how much I love you. The day you walked into that door for the interview with nervousness surrounding you got my attention. I decided to take your interview because I wanted to watch you talk. I wanted to hear your voice for a little bit longer.

I think fate made me sit there so we could end up together. Slowly and gradually you took my heart with you. And I am not asking it back. Keep It. I know you would protect it at all costs. T

I am glad that you walked into my life. I will do every possible thing to keep you, to love you. I promise you I will always love you with everything I have in me. I am taking you out for dinner tonight. In an hour after you get this you will receive a package. Please be ready at 7. That's when I will be there. Sorry for not being there with you today. You know how work is. I miss you.