Date

I waited at the bus stop for like 20 minutes but the bus didn't come. It was almost 7 and there was no sign of the tempo that would take me to my place. I started to watch my phone time and again. I was getting anxious. There were only a few people at the bus stop.

"Damn it," I whispered.

A girl was standing near me so I asked her about the bus.

"The last one just left. You should try Pathao or wait for the next one," she suggested.

I tried Pathao but no rider was ready to accept my request. Many things started to run through my head. I was starting to panic but I managed to keep my calm. After some time one rider accepted my request. I sighed in relief but then my relief turned into disappointment as the rider didn't receive my call.

I decided to change two buses and reach my flat but I couldn't find one. Tears started to form in my eyes. I was about to cry in fear when I heard a car honk. At first, I couldn't recognize it and then I did.

"Alan," I whispered.

He was here. How come he was here?

The car window slid down. He stared at me for a second and then gestured for me to get in. I hesitated for a second. He was about to come out of the car when I walked towards the car. He opened the door for me. I sat looking at him but he didn't even bother to look at me. I didn't like it. Looking at his attitude made me want to open the door and step out of the car. He started the engine and we were off towards my flat.

Once we reached the building he stopped the car. He was still looking straight. Was he angry with me? 

"You can come one hour earlier tomorrow and leave at 5," he said.

I was taken aback by his voice. He was still not looking at me. I wanted to ask him why he wanted me one hour earlier in the office.

"Sure," I whispered and opened the car door.

"Thank you," I said and got out of the car. I closed the car's door and headed towards the building.

Alan seemed so serious. I had never seen him like this. What happened to him in these past two months? He wasn't like this. He always smiled. I had this urge to turn back and ask him if he was ok. I turned to look back and he was still there.

"Fuck this shit. He is my boss. I have this right to ask him if he is ok or not," I muttered and walked toward him.

He seemed surprised when I knocked on the car window. He slowly let it down and looked at me.

"Do you want to join me for coffee?" I asked.

He stared at me for some time and then looked at my building.

"It's late," he whispered.

"It's not that late, Alan," I smiled.

Every time I called him Alan I would automatically smile. It still felt weird calling him by his name. He was my boss.

"Are you sure?"

"No, I am not. Was asking just to be polite,"

"I can understand,"

"Oh, come on. Get out of that car," I ordered.

He laughed at my sudden outburst and got out of the car.

We walked inside the building and up towards my flat. My flat was on the first floor so we had to walk up the stairs. The whole time Alan seemed uncomfortable but had a smile on his face.

"Finally a smile," I said to myself. His smile melted my heart.

Once we were inside the flat I closed the door and asked him to make himself comfortable on the couch. He nodded and sat on the couch turning on the television. I went to make two cups of coffee.