The Address

Nimek ran inside so fast that I thought he turned into a superman. What was going on?  He stood in front of Alan blowing a deep breath.

"Why didn't you say anything?" he questioned Alan.

"Did she..."

I could feel Alan shaking his head.

"Dakshina," Nimek turned to me. "Let me show you another room,"

I nodded looking at Alan still confused about what was going on. Alan being Alan was only smiling and staring at me. His eyes never left mine. It seemed as if he was mesmerized by what was in front of him. Was he in love with me as he claimed to me?

Of course not

He was a man. Men were good at manipulating and then putting the blame on women just like my biological father. I was still trying to get that man to meet my mother but he was refusing.

Once we were out of the room Nimek apologised. He apologised to a woman he hated during the office days. What was going on in this house? Has Mausam changed this man?

"I wasn't coming back to the house but then Alan insisted we do. I didn't know you were here,"

"It's okay," I murmured.

"Did he say anything?" Nimek questioned.

Apart from weird stuff? no nothing.

"I am not getting what you mean by that,"

"No..nothing," he smiled.

"Do you still work there?"

He stopped in front of the stairs and sighed.

"Yes," he said in a very low voice.

He took me to the room upstairs near their room. I assumed Mausam was already asleep.

"If you need anything we are one knock away," he forced a smile leaving.

The next day while I was walking down the stairs muffled sounds were coming out of the kitchen. It seemed as if they were fighting.  Was it because of me?

Alan was sitting on the couch watching television unbothered by them as if it was their everyday routine. His body stiffened sensing my presence. He slowly turned towards me. I couldn't move my legs.

"Damn it," I cursed.

He smiled. His eyes sparkled and my heart stopped.

"Good morning," he said touching his cap.

Typical Alan

I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. I nodded and finally made my way towards the kitchen.

"I told you already Nimek. I didn't tell you because you said you weren't coming," I heard them talking when I was near the door. 

"But at least you could have sent me a text. What if she...."

"Dakshu," Mausam called and Nimek stopped speaking.

"I didn't mean to hear....I didn't know you two were...."

"Oh, it's just husband and wife's talking," Mausam dismissed.

Nimek gave me a sweet smile.

"I apologise again for yesterday,"

"I already forgot about it,"

"Thanks," he said leaving.

"Can you believe it he apologised to me twice and thanked me," I laughed.