Chapter 35: Horus

Day Unknown (Night- Aaru)

Every mortal and immortal enemy had either proposed a truce or been willing to submit under Egypt's rule. The slaves' works progressed significantly, and they did not complain at all. All souls managed to fulfill the requirement of entering Aaru. Any bad rumor circulating in the entire empire had vanished, as if they never existed in the first place.

For the past few months, Horus felt that Egypt had reached the state that he had dreamed of, ever since he took the throne from Set. However, despite the ideal situation, there was still something bothering his mind; something that he was unable to pin down. As he could not purposely ponder about it while still on king's duty, he chose to do it during night time. The place he deemed appropriate was the fields of reeds outside the town, as the only sounds he heard would be the blowing wind and the blown reeds. He hoped that by being in an area with less distraction like this, it would eventually help him figure out the answer.

*****

Several weeks passed. Unfortunately, Horus had not yet found what's bothering him. Feeling tired of repeatedly doing something that did not bear any result, he decided to stop doing it. He then expanded his wings, ready to leap and fly back to his palace. Nevertheless, seeing Hathor's chariot unexpectedly approaching, he tucked away his wings and waited for her.

"Hathor, why did you come here?" Horus asked as soon as she got out of the chariot.

"I come to give you enlightenment."

"What do you mean by that?" Horus responded incredulously.

"The thing that has bothered your mind is the fact that Set has chanted the sleep spell on you."

Horus raised his eyebrows. "Set has chanted the sleep spell on me?" he responded. "Are you trying to make a joke here?"

"You think I'm joking because in your belief, Set is in prison," Hathor said; her calm tone began to make him feel she was not her usual self.

"Of course," Horus said. "Besides, if Set or anyone put a sleep spell on me, I wouldn't be here standing and talking to you."

"Have you realized that everything in Egypt is extremely good these past few months?"

"I do realize it," Horus said. "But we can achieve this situation because we all have worked hard for it."

"Didn't you realize that it's too easy, that it's almost like a dream?"

Horus did not answer. It was because he did feel that everything was so smooth, that in the beginning he often refused to believe it.

"Everything is as easy as a dream, because everything is indeed a dream," Hathor said. "Everything is a dream because you're under Set's sleep spell."

"I think you're not just joking," Horus said; his tone became serious because he refused to accept the unusual occurrences as a dream. "I think you somehow have lost your mind."

"Turn around now."

"Turn around?" Horus responded. "Why do I have to turn around?"

"Just do it."

"You really are strange," Horus said, but he still turned around. In a blink of an eye, he was no longer on the fields of reeds.

Horus was now in a meadow with rocks, trees and cliffs. He did not need a long time to know that he was in Duat; however, he wondered how he could instantly move to this realm, as there was no spell to make this happen. Hathor was also no longer behind him, and it made him start questioning whether everything was indeed a dream, just like she said. Intending to figure it out, he began to search for more clues.