Chapter 12: Nephthys

Day 22: around 11.30 A.M

After waiting for quite some time in Ramses' private dock, Aaron and Moses finally showed up, accompanied by seven angels. As expected, they were not allowed to advance even further into the area. Nevertheless, as if they had been aware of Ramses' schedule, he arrived soon after that.

"Lord Ramses, you must free our people!" Aaron exclaimed.

Ramses only threw a glance at Aaron.

"Lord Ramses, obey God's order, and you shall be exempt from His wrath!"

"Halt!" Ramses exclaimed, making the chariot rider abruptly pull the horse strap. After the horse completely stopped, Ramses turned to Aaron. "You should be grateful I didn't command my soldiers to slay all of you to death."

Ramses turned to his chariot rider again and commanded him to proceed to the private dock area.

"Will God really show us the way?" Moses asked.

"If God says He will, then He will," Aaron said. "Now let's wait at the riverbank over there," he continued as he pointed at the river side. "As God had commanded you to tell me, we shall demonstrate another miracle there."

"Another miracle?" Sobek responded as he turned to Nephthys. "What do you think it will be?"

"If it's something related to the river...," Nephthys paused as he glanced at it. "Maybe... related to your crocodiles?"

"What?!" Sobek said as he shifted his focus back to the river. At that moment, Aaron and Moses were already walking towards the riverbank.

"I can't allow Yahweh to gain control over my pets!!" Sobek continued. "What should I do, my Lady Nephthys ?!"

"It's prudent to just stay silent and watch," Nephthys said. "Besides, I just said what came to my mind. The possibility that it will be completely different is still wide open."

"But...," Sobek let his words hang; simultaneously he looked back at the river.

"Just wait, Sobek," Nephthys said. "Remember, don't do anything foolish. Especially with these angels surrounding us."

Sobek sighed, but he clearly chose to listen to Nephthys.

Moments later, Ramses' boat left the private dock area, sailing towards the public section. Aaron and Moses walked into the river until their knees were below the water surface.

"Lord Ramses! Free our people or witness the wrath of The God of Hebrews!"

Ramses looked towards Aaron and Moses. He raised up his right hand, giving the signal to the boat rower to stop rowing. When the boat had been balanced, he stood up, facing the two Hebrews with an annoyed expression. He then shouted back, "It will be more prudent to leave my presence now!"

"Your response is unacceptable in the eyes of our God!"

"Acceptable or not is not my concern!"

"Then you shall now witness again the power of our God!"

"I shall not be afraid!! My gods will bestow me and my nation with protection!"

"Your gods have been clearly defeated in our first encounter!"

"I've been defeated in the first war, only to win the upcoming one!"

"Then let's see whether your gods can help you this time!"

Aaron walked into the river and stopped when he arrived at the spot where the water level had reached his knees. He raised up his rod and tilted his chin up, staring at the sky. The next thing he did was simply struck the river with his rod.