Chapter 37 (Epilogue): Isis

Day 46 (Night - Pi-Ramses)

Horus had two days to convey the truth, but he decided to immediately do it on the next day. Everyone could see how he was anxious, the moment before he was about to enter the dream realm. Lord Shu, Lady Tefnut, Lady Isis, Lady Nephthys, Thoth and Ma'at actually offered to assist him, but Horus turned them down; it was because he did not wish to make Ramses feel intimidated. However, still curious on what the human king's reaction would be, they decided to observe everything from the third floor.

Horus told everything to Ramses. About the lie of Yahweh's committing dirty tricks, fake truce, and Yahweh's going to give riches in exchange for the slaves. Ramses was clearly stunned. Nevertheless, Horus – who had slightly enlarged his body – approached him and touched his shoulders. He then apologized to the human king, and made a promise that he would never tell lies to him again.

Judging from Ramses' reaction, everyone concluded that he could not accept the truth. But like it or not, he must execute the order to free The Hebrews without any terms and conditions. By the end of the meeting, all he could do was just bow down and leave the dream realm without protesting or negotiating with Horus, as Horus himself had declared that his decision was an absolute one.

The day after Horus delivered the truth, Yahweh kept His promise. He made Apophis regress to its original form, healed the wounded gods including Geb and Set, and restored some part of the land. Ra immediately requested Set to be part of his crew, as it was the only way for him to stay out of prison. As for Geb, Horus had declared that if he and Nut tried to do anything against his decision, he would banish them to prison for a thousand years.

For the next five days The Hebrews prepared to leave Egypt. On the day of the exodus, they carried a few riches from the kingdom, animals and basically anything they could bring from their houses in Goshen. Some other people who had done interracial marriage with The Hebrews also joined them, and so did a few Egyptian soldiers and officials. Horus and the majority of the gods did not care about it. All they wanted was simply sever the ties with Yahweh and The Hebrews as soon as possible.

Ramses also did not try to do or say anything about it. The gods thought it was because he was mourning for the death of Amun-her-khepeshef, his firstborn who was also the crown prince. However, to everyone's shock, he suddenly had a change of heart when the exodus had been on the fourth day. With half of his remaining soldiers, he decided to chase and slay The Hebrews.

There was no magic spell that caused this change. There was also no threat to Ramses. That means only one thing: his decision came from himself.

Horus was afraid that this action would make Yahweh send another disaster to Egypt. Agitated and angry, he waited for him in the dream, simply to command him to stop the plan. Unexpectedly, the one who came was not him, but The Archangel Gabriel. Before the angel himself had a chance to say something, Horus quickly approached and bowed down to him, apologizing for Ramses' reckless decision.

"Yahweh has made a plan that will make use of Ramses' disobedience. He ordered all of you not to stop Ramses, and not to save him from the next thing He will do to him. If you try to stand His way, then He will send another disaster to Egypt."

It did not require a brain as intelligent as Thoth to understand that something terrible would happen to Ramses. Horus wanted to ask more details about it, but Gabriel simply left instead of explaining it. As Horus did not wish more destruction to come upon Egypt, he had no other choice but to just stay still and let Yahweh do what He had planned.

Ramses then left to pursue the exodus group. But when he almost had them on the border of The Red Sea, Yahweh parted it through Moses' rod. The rest was just like what The Good Book described: everyone passed through safely, and Yahweh restored the water again, engulfing most of Ramses' soldiers in the process. It was terrible, devastating and humiliating, but it was the fate that Egypt must accept.

Thus ended the story of The Ten Plagues of Egypt, recited from the gods' point of view.