Chapter 3: Horus

Day 0

Horus could not believe Ra's response. "Obey Yahweh's command?" he incredulously responded.

"You never directly witness the true power of Yahweh. You also never see how strong His troops, particularly the seven Archangels. If you do have, then I believe as a wise king of gods, you will have the same opinion as me."

"I shall not have the same opinion as you! You're the founder of Egypt and the first god king that ruled! How come you simply surrender what belongs to us?!"

"I will defend what belongs to Egypt," Ra said flatly, despite Horus raising his tone. "But clearly The Hebrews did not belong to us. We shall let them go, or destruction shall come to our lap."

"Everyone will not agree with you!"

"As the eldest who has overseen the birth and death of every god here, I am confident to say that there will be a few who will agree with me."

"I genuinely thought I could confer this crisis with you," Horus said as he shook his head; his tone became calmer. "Turns out I chose the wrong first person to do it."

Horus expanded his wings. "If I know you will give this response, I will not waste my time and just go straight to Aaru," he said before he lurched upward and flew straight to the Hall of Ma'at.

Before long, he arrived at the hall. There were eleven souls queueing before the circle-shaped structure; at the same time the gate was sealed. He landed near the queue, making seven souls to cower, while the others bow down with respect. Horus did not say anything, or give any kind of response. He just turned to the gate, waiting until it was time to be opened again.

There were two ways to go to Aaru. One was from the gate inside the Hall of Ma'at, and the other one, accessible only by the gods, was from the portal at the back of the building. Horus could choose this second portal. Nevertheless, he intended to meet Osiris first, his father, who was also the King and Judge of The Underworld. While his father had been rarely involved in any matters on the surface, Horus still wanted to confer with him, as he was the second god king of Egypt who once brought prosperity, advancement, and security in the entire kingdom.

Moments later, the gate was finally opened. The next soul trudged into the building; he kept sticking his chin to his chest. Surrounding him were the 42 minor judges; their seats were stacked in four rows. Each row from the first to the third consisted of 10 judges, while the last row had 12. Osiris sat at the middle of the first row, while below him stood Thoth and his consort Ma'at; they were the god of knowledge and goddess of justice. After the soul took a seat before the golden scale, the 42 judges started interviewing him.

The 42 judges always asked the same questions to every soul. 'Did you steal?', 'Did you kill your brethren?', 'Did you swindle?', and other questions about the sins the soul might ever commit in his life. The soul could answer some questions directly, even though he was still stuttering upon giving it. For the other questions, the soul was usually hesitant for a moment, before he gave either the straightforward or rambling responses. Without having to wait until his father gave the final verdict, Horus could already guess the judgment that this soul was going to receive.

"Time to see the truth," a raspy voice was suddenly heard after the 42 judges had no more questions. The voice owner soon exited the room below the left first row, revealing himself as a 7 feet tall figure with the helmet of a jackal. He was none other than Anubis, the god of death.

Anubis approached the scale. He then extended his right arm and unclenched his fist; something began to materialize above his palm. It was a beating heart from the soul's mummified corpse. Ma'at stepped forward and said, "Put the heart on the plate."