Chapter 30: Nephthys

Day 42 (Near Evening)

The moment Nephthys spotted Set lying on the ground, she ordered her chariot rider to land. She approached her unconscious ex-husband and knelt down; she then held his wrist and sensed that the divine power flowing in him was almost undetected. Even though the love she had for him had long gone ever since he killed Osiris, she still pitied him. Taking a deep breath, she ordered the rider to carry Set back to her house.

Back in Aaru, the humans were all disgusted upon noticing Set on Nephthys' chariots. On the other hand, Horus' soldiers had been ready with their swords and spears; obviously they were anticipating the possibility that Set would wake up and wreak havoc in the paradise. Nephthys could not do anything to remedy the situation, and she also did not wish to use her authority as The Great Pesedjet to make everyone change their mind. However, she had decided to immediately put Set back to his original prison once his divine power had improved significantly. This way, she believed the tension would quickly melt, and Horus also did not have to take extreme measures against Set when he finally woke up.

Nephthys ordered Set to be brought to a guest room. After he was laid on a bed, Isis began to chant the spell of healing on every physical wound, as they were slightly diminishing the divine power inside of him. Once they were all healed and closed, Nephthys and Tefnut stepped forward and began channeling energy into Set's body.

"I believe he will wake up tomorrow," Tefnut said after the energy inside Set had been sufficient to sustain his life. "I'm worried he will do anything unnecessary to avoid prison, hence I'm planning on placing as many guards as possible in your house."

"I have no problem with that," Nephthys said. "However, instead of worrying about him, I'm actually more worried about Yahweh's wrath after this rebellion."

"I'm also worried about it," Isis said.

"We're all worried about it," Tefnut said. "Unfortunately, like the previous disasters, there's nothing we can do to prevent it. Furthermore, this time Lord Ra decided to join the war. I hope that his reckless decision will not make Yahweh send a disaster that will end up erasing Egypt from the face of Earth."

"If He really decides to erase us, then we'll suffer the same fate as Sodom and Gomorrah," Nephthys said; worry flashed across her face.

"That's correct," Tefnut said. "However, as some of us have actually surrendered to Yahweh, Thoth told me that Yahweh might still show us mercy."

"How can Thoth be convinced about that?" Isis asked.

"He, Lord Ra and most of the fallen angels were not obliterated after The Great Rebellion," Tefnut said. "I believe the transgression for directly rebelling against Yahweh is much more serious than all of our disobediences."

"That makes sense," Isis said. "Hopefully Thoth's conviction will come true."

"I shall now go and arrange the soldiers to stand by at your house," Tefnut said. She then walked past Isis and Nephthys towards the hall that would lead her to the main entrance.

"Do you need me to accompany you here?" Isis offered Nephthys.

"There's no need for you to do that," Nephthys said. "The soldiers placed by Lady Tefnut will be more than sufficient."

Isis nodded. "If that's your will, I will honor it."

"You should return home and take some rest," Nephthys said. "We must prepare our mental state for Yahweh's next disaster."

"You're right," Isis said; she instantly turned flustered. "Have a good rest, Nephthys."

"Have a good rest too, sister."