Chapter 5: Horus

Day 7

Like usual, Horus observed Pi-Ramses from his statue head; this time the wooden stagger had been demolished. All of a sudden, one of his soldiers approached him and landed before him. "I bring reports from Goshen, my Lord," the soldier said as he bowed down. "One of the slaves is conducting a suspicious movement."

"What kind of suspicious movement?"

"He is packing his clothes and some food. He also said 'Yahweh will safely guide him to Moses'."

"Moses?" Horus raised his eyebrows. "Who's the name of this slave?"

"Aaron, son of Amram and Jochebed."

"So it's Moses who ran away from Egypt years ago."

"What do you want us to do to Aaron?"

"I shall come and decide on the spot," Horus said; at the same time he expanded his wings. "You shall now return to your post."

Arriving at Aaron's house, three Horus' soldiers were already standing in front of it. He landed near them; immediately they bowed down. After one soldier informed him that Aaron was in the middle of praying with his wife and child, he told everyone to stand back. Before long, Aaron finally exited his house.

If only Aaron was simply Yahweh's emissary for freeing the slaves, then Horus would simply slay him to death at this moment. But the strange thing was he was tasked to meet Moses, a Hebrew who was once adopted by Bithiah, the aunt of Ramses II. Why would Yahweh command Aaron to see someone who had escaped a long time ago? Why didn't Yahweh simply command him to confront Ramses now?

After quietly shutting the door, Aaron glanced to the right and left a few times. He then went down the road by tip-toeing. When he was close to a wooden cart parked beside a house, he hid himself in the gap between the house and the cart. He waited there until two human soldiers walked past the cart, unaware of him hiding there. Once they were already distant, he rushed to the entrance of this habitation.

Horus leaped and followed Aaron from the sky. While he did not feel it, he knew for sure the night weather was so cold. The sand particles would also slip unto the eyes. Even though Aaron seemed to have worn a thick clothing and veil, it would not completely protect him from the low temperature and the sand particles. He also traveled on foot, plus he was already more than a middle-aged man. Would he even survive before meeting Moses?

All of a sudden, pillars of light surrounded Horus. It was blinding him temporarily, just like when he was flying closer to the sun, only to test whether he could withstand the flame sphere. When he regained his vision, Yahweh' angels had been surrounding him.

"Leave," one of them told Horus, instantly irritating him.

"Why did this slave leave?"

"The Almighty commanded him to meet His emissary. You shall not stand in his way."

"Who is this emissary?" Horus asked, even though he had already known that it was Moses.

"It is prudent for you to leave," he said. "Now leave!".

"You do not have the right to tell me to leave!" Horus exclaimed; at the same time he drew out his sword and aimed the tip at the angel's neck. While the other angels quickly summoned their swords, this one remained still.

"As a distant relative, I would like to advise you to not make foolish decisions," the angel said.

"You're all in the domain of The Kingdom of Egypt! You are a fool if you forbid me from exploring it!"

Instead of responding to Horus, the angel threw a quick glance at the left and right. Turns out eight soldiers of Horus were already flying behind them, outnumbered the angels by one.

"Nine against eight," Horus said. "More will come if I call them."

The angel smiled, but said nothing. Horus clenched his teeth. With one quick movement, he stabbed the angel at his neck.

The rest of the angels immediately lurched at Horus, but his very own soldiers managed to deliver a counterattack. While everyone was fighting with each other, Horus put his focus back on the dying angel.

"I... ," the angel paused, red blood flowed profusely from the wound. "Don't... ," he paused again, attempting to adjust his slowing breathing rhythm. "Regret this."

Horus pulled out his sword and kicked the angel, making him fall and drown in the Nile. The king of the Egyptian god then lurched towards another angel who just killed one of his soldiers. While dueling against him, more of Horus' soldiers came. On the other side, more angels also came to assist their brethren. Unlike those who showed up earlier, they all wore silver helmets and bronze breastplates covering their upper body. They also had a circular bronze shield attached on their left arm. Both parties immediately charged against each other, turning the skirmish into a war in no time.

As victims started falling on both sides, Anat and ten of her archers finally arrived on the battlefield. They raised their bow and arrow towards the sky. Releasing them simultaneously, they pierced the wings of the angels, as these parts were not protected by anything. Soon after that, these angels started having difficulties in flapping their wings, showing the Deathstalker's venom was effective. Before long, they fell either to the ground or into the Nile.

Anhur came with his squads divided into two forces. The first one rode chariots pulled by flying wind horses, created from the breath of Shu. The second one also rode chariots, but the vehicles were pulled by horses created by Geb. The land squad dealt with the angels who had fallen but alive, making some angels who were still flying immediately came to their aid. Was not surprising for Horus, until more pillars of light came onto the ground.

Approximately three hundred angels had now been standing near the riverbank of the Nile. As Anhur and his soldiers promptly ran towards them, they also approached with their spears and swords raised high. When both sides had finally clashed with each other, Anat and her archers stopped shooting at the flying angels; they apparently decided to aid Anhur. As the number of arrows covered with the venom were limited, it was undeniably more prudent to kill the enemies within a shorter distance. In no time, Anhur and Anat managed to send more than two third of the land forces back to Yahweh.

The angels were so close to their defeat. Even after their flying companion descended to help them, they were still so far from balancing the situation. However, when the remaining angels had been pushed into the Nile riverside, an enormous yellow flame suddenly turned up behind the Egyptian soldiers, the sound was almost like an explosion. The clatter of the swords immediately stopped, as everyone's attention was directly diverted to the flame. While Horus had not recovered from the shock, a winged black figure appeared in the midst of the flame, later revealing himself to also be an angel. His war suit was exactly the same as his other brethren, while his sword was longer and covered with raging fire. Staring sharply at Anhur's soldiers, he swung his sword and burnt them to death.

Instantly enraged with the death of his warriors, Anhur ordered his chariot rider and the other chariots to lurch towards the newly-arrived angel. A wall of fire suddenly emerged from the ground, leading Anhur and his soldiers to abruptly maneuver from their path. As a result, a few chariots toppled down to the ground, including the one Anhur was riding on. The rider hastily got up and extended his arm to help his leader. Astonishingly, he was suddenly scorched by a moving pillar of fire, leaving nothing but the arm Anhur was clutching.

Anat suddenly sprinted towards the wall shielding the mysterious angel; seven of her archers instinctively followed her. Terrified that Anat and her archers would be scorched too, Horus and his soldiers snatched them away. While Anat protested and struggled to break free, multiple pillars of fire emerged from the wall shielding the mysterious angel, evaporating every Egyptian soldier in its path. The remaining of Horus' soldiers then snatched them away, including Anhur who was taking cover behind a rock. With one single order from Horus, everyone retreated from the battlefield.