We Blow Up A Cruise So Nobody Can Have Fun

The end of the world started when Beckendorf landed on the hood of Percy's car while he was on a date.  He didn't notice the huge black form swooping down from the sky until four hooves landed on the hood of the Prius with a loud crunch.  Blackjack neighed happily as I landed on the pavement behind him.  Percy sighed.

Percy: YN, Blackjack.  What are you-

He looked a little higher and saw who was riding on Blackjack's back.

Charles: Sup Percy?

Charles Beckendorf, senior counselor for the Hephaestus cabin, would make most monsters cry for their mommies.  He was huge, with ripped muscles from working in the forges every summer.  He was one of the camp's best armor smiths, and he made some seriously ingenious mechanical stuff.  He helped make Lucas a mechanical arm.  And a month ago, he rigged a Greek fire bomb in the bathroom of a tour bus that was carrying a bunch of monsters across country.  I still have no clue how he snuck onto the bus and set the explosive, but the blast took out a whole legion of Kronos's evil meanies as soon as the first harpy went flush.  Beckendorf was dressed for combat.  He wore a bronze breastplate and war helm with black camo pants and a sword strapped to his side.  His bag of explosives was slung over his shoulder.  I just wore my cartoon grim reaper hoodie and baggy sweat pants.

Percy: Time?

We nodded grimly.  None of us really wanted to do this, but we didn't really have a choice.  I then noticed Rachel sitting in the shotgun seat next to Percy.  She looked up at Beckendorf, a blank expression on her face.

Rachel: Hi.

Charles: Oh, hey.  I'm Beckendorf.  You must be Rachel.  Percy's told me... uh, I mean he mentioned you.

I almost laughed.  Rachel raised an eyebrow.

Rachel: Really?  Good.  Hi YN.

I grinned at her.

YN: Rachel

She smiled a bit, then glanced at Blackjack, who was clopping his hooves against the hood of the Prius.

Rachel: So I guess you guys have to go save the world now.

YN: Pretty much.

Percy looked at Rachel helplessly.

Percy: Would you tell my mom-

Rachel: I'll tell her.  I'm sure she's used to it.  And I'll explain to Paul about the hood.

Percy nodded in thanks.  I don't think anyone's gonna lend him a car anytime soon.

Rachel: Good luck.

Rachel kissed him, and his eyes widened.  I whistled, and Beckendorf snorted.  She let go and grinned at him.

Rachel: Now, get going, Half-blood.  Go kill some monsters for me.

Blackjack flew into the air as I turned to Rachel.

YN: Sorry for interrupting your date.

Rachel: It's fine.  I get it.

I flew after them.  Our last view of her was sitting in the shotgun seat of the Prius, her arms crossed, watching as Blackjack circled higher and higher, carrying Beckendorf and Percy into the sky with me flying after them.  I looked at Percy with a smirk.

Percy: What?

YN: Oh, nothing, nothing.  Sorry we ruined your date.

Percy: It wasn't a date!

YN: Oh, well Rachel didn't seem to deny it.  I'll be sure to tell Annabeth that Rachel just kissed you, but it wasn't a date.

Percy: You wouldn't.