They Are On A Cruise... They Are Having Fun

So since everyone got back, things have been fun!  We had a chariot race.  During which hundreds of Stymphalian Birds attacked, resulting in Clarisse winning.  Percy and Tyson got blamed for it, because Tantalus is a dick.  They got stuck cleaning silverware with the harpies, who use lava to deep clean the dishes, because Tantalus is a dick.  I'm not sure how Percy survived, but Tyson was fine cause he's a Cyclops.  After that, Tantalus sent Clarisse on a quest to find the Golden Fleece, even though Percy and Annabeth were the ones who figured out where it was, because Tantalus is a dick.  Oh yeah, have I mentioned how much of a dick Tantalus is?  Now it's the middle of the night, and I'm sneaking out of bed to see who just knocked on the door.  Alexa is out on patrol, so I'm the only one in Cabin 13.

The Thanatos cabin is the thirteenth cabin, since it was only built

when YN and Alexa got to camp.

I opened the door, finding Sarah standing there.

YN: Sarah?

Sarah: Where's your sister?

YN: She's on patrol, what are you-

Sarah: No time, come on.

She grabbed my arm, dragging me outside and leading me down to the beach, looking out over the Long Island Sound.  Way out towards the ocean, there was a massive cruise ship.  Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson were already waiting on the shore, each holding a duffle bag.  In the water there were... horses?  No, not horses.  There were three creatures.  They had the front half of a horse, and the back half of a fish.  They had rainbow colored fins, and silver scales.  Hippocampi.

Annabeth: Where's Alexa?

Sarah: On patrol.

Annabeth: Dammit.  Well, we'll have to go without her.

YN: Woah woah woah, where are we going?

Percy explained about his dreams of Grover, and how he'd found the island where the golden fleece was.  Now they were going to get him and the fleece and return them to camp to save Thalia's pine tree.

YN: Bad idea.  We'll all be exiled from camp!

Annabeth: You two crashed our quest earlier this year.

YN: That was different!  The Oracle told us to.

There were shrieks behind us, and a horn sounded from somewhere.  The security harpies knew we were up.

Sarah: YN, come on.  Please?

I sighed, nodding.

YN: Fine.  Let's go.

I spread my wings, flying up as they mounted the Hippocampi, and we sped off towards the cruise ship.  As we got closer, I could see a name printed on the side.  The Princess Andromeda.  That sent off lots of red flags.  Andromeda was the princess from a Greek legend, the one of Perseus.  I hoped it was a coincidence, and had nothing to do with my friend.  When we got there, we found a maintenance ladder that scaled up the side of the ship.  The others climbed it, but when she was almost at the top, Sarah slipped and fell.  I caught her, and she blushed as I flew up to the others.

YN: Hey, so we never talked about what you did before you left at the beginning of the summer.

I smirked at her and she turned darker red, as I placed her down on the deck.

Sarah: Sh-shut up.

Annabeth: We need a hiding place.  Somewhere safe to sleep.

We explored a few corridors until we found an empty suite on the ninth level.  The door was open, which struck me as weird.  There was a basket of chocolate goodies on the table, an iced-down bottle of sparkling cider on the nightstand, and a mint on the pillow with a hand-written note that said "Enjoy your cruise!"

Sarah: I'll be next door.  You guys be careful not to eat or drink anything.

Percy: You think this place is enchanted?

Annabeth: I don't know.  Something isn't right.  Just... be careful.

Sarah pulled me into the next room and she locked the door.

YN: So why are we in our own room?

Sarah blushed dark red.

Sarah: B-because you're my best friend, and I'd be more comfortable around you then them.  No other reason!

YN: Uh huh.  Well there's only one bed.

Sarah's eyes widened.

YN: It's alright, I'll take the floor.

Sarah: No, it's fine.  We can... share the bed.  Just stay on your side!

I smirked, raising my hands in surrender.

YN: If you say so.

TIMESKIP

The next morning, I woke up and tried to sit up, but I couldn't... because Sarah's arms were wrapped around me.

YN: Sarah, it's time to wake up.

Sarah: Mmm... five more minutes baby...

I stifled a laugh.  I KNEW she liked me back.  As if she realized she'd fucked up, her eyes shot open and she rolled away from me, her face as red as a tomato.

YN: Well good morning to you too, sleepy head.

Sarah: I uh... I mean... I...

YN: It's fine.  We should wake up the others.

After waking up the others by myself, since Sarah went to the bathroom, we all grabbed our stuff and left the rooms.  Sarah still looked super embarrassed, but I patted her head.  She smiled a bit, just as a family walked by.

Man: We are on a cruise.

Woman: We are having fun.

Kid: Yes.

We all gave them weird looks as they walked by.

YN: Um... okay.

It kept happening.  Every time we saw someone, their eyes were glassy and they seemed to be in a mindless state.  Then we found our first monster.  It was a hellhound, but it was small.  It was probably a baby.  It was eating eggs out of the serving bowl in the buffet area.  But the weirdest part was that a family was waiting patiently in line behind it.  We snuck past the door to the buffet, then Annabeth and Sarah pulled Percy and I into a maintenance closet, and Tyson quickly followed.  I realized why pretty quickly.

Snake Woman 1: Ssssix more joined yessssterday.

Something, or rather two somethings, slithered past the bathroom door, making sounds like sandpaper against the carpet.

Snake Woman 2: Yessss.  He drawssss them. Ssssoon we will be sssstrong.

The snake women slithered into the cafeteria with a cold hissing that might have been laughter.

YN: We gotta get off this ship.

Sarah: Ya think?

We left the maintenance closet, and made our way down the hall.  Then I heard another voice in one of the doors.  And it filled me with rage.

Luke: It's only a matter of time, Agrius.

Annabeth and Percy's eyes widened, while Sarah pulled out her lighter.

Agrius: I'm just saying, if this gamble doesn't pay off-

Luke: Oh don't worry.  It already has.

My eyes widened.

YN: Run!

The doors were flung open, and Luke stood there, grinning at us as more monsters appeared in the hallways behind us.

Luke: Well!  If it isn't my favorite cousins!  Come right on in.