We Save The Love Interests

Percy: What now-

Zoe grabbed Percy's arm, motioning for him to shut up and whispering.

Zoe: Silence, fool!  Do you want to wake Ladon?

Bianca: We're here?

Zoe: Not yet, but close.  Follow me.

Sheets of fog were drifting right across the road.  Zoe stepped into one of them, and when the fog passed, she was no longer there.  Thalia and Percy exchanged looks.

YN: Concentrate on Zoe.  We're following her.  Go straight into the fog and keep that in mind.

We stepped into the fog, into the Mist, following Zoe.  When the fog cleared, we were still on the side of the mountain, but the road was dirt.  The grass was thicker.  The sunset made a bloodred slash across the sea.  The summit of the mountain seemed closer now, swirling with storm clouds and raw power.  There was only one path to the top, directly in front of us.  And it led through a lush meadow of shadows and flowers.  The Garden of Twilight.

YN: I'll fly up ahead, see if I can find them.

Zoe nodded, and I jumped into the air, flying over the garden.  When I reached the peak... I was horrified by what I saw.  The clouds were funneling into a singular point, and at that point was Artemis, on her knees.  I figured out what was happening pretty quickly.  She was holding up the sky.  Suddenly a voice boomed.

Atlas: YN Ernten, son of death!  How I've been hoping to fight you.

Artemis: Don't challenge him, YN!  You cannot defeat him!

I landed, pulling out Kurve as a scythe and spinning it around me.  In front of me, stood a tall man with glowing eyes.  A few dozen feet away, Luke was there too.  But he looked awful.  He was pale, and looked almost... old.  Next to him, tied up and on their knees, were Sarah and Annabeth.  A few moments later, the others came up behind me.  Percy uncapped his sword, and Zoe looked horrified at the situation Artemis was in.

Zoe: My Lady!

Zoe rushed forward.

Artemis: Stop!  It is a trap.  You must leave, now!

Her voice was strained.  She was drenched in sweat.  I had never seen a goddess in pain before, but the weight of the sky was clearly too much for Artemis.  Zoe was crying.  She ran forward despite Artemis's protests, and tugged at the chains. 

Atlas: Ah, how touching.

I looked at Sarah, meeting  her eyes, trying to ask her a thousand questions.  There was just one message she was sending me, to run.  But I wouldn't run unless it was to run my sword through Luke's good eye.

Thalia: Luke.  Let them go.

Luke smiled, but it was weak and pale.

Luke: That is the General's decision, Thalia.  But it's good to see you again.

Thalia spat at him.  The General chuckled.

Atlas: So much for old friends.  And you, Zoe.  It's been a long time.  How is my little traitor?  I will enjoy killing you.

Artemis: Do not respond.  Do not challenge him!

Percy: Wait a second.  You're Atlas?

I sighed.  The General glanced at us.

Atlas: So, even the stupidest of heroes can finally figure something out.  Yes, I am Atlas, the general of the Titans and terror of the gods.  Congratulations.  I will kill you presently, as soon as I deal with this wretched girl.